Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How CNC programmer earn per hour?

Jimic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a search Jimic, this has been covered sevral times at least, one was fairly recent as well, a couple of months ago.

BTW, working for someone else, you will only earn as much as they want you to earn and not a penny more.

EDIT:

Here's a link to a poll that was done a little over a year ago, pretty informative

Linky

[ 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: John Paris @ Kevlin ]

I've actually programmed with cam, set-up, done first run on 4x mills and 2x lathes for $9.85 an hour! Of course I was 20, living is Southern Oregon, five years ago. Although in the last 5 years I've managed to just about double my wage(at other shops). So think for my age I'm doing pretty decent, but I feel like I get screwed just for being young. Plus I consider myself a decent manual machinst, which seem to be harder and harder to find in this area these days.

quote:

I know people who have been machining (manually) and programming full time who make less money then me because they don't have their ticket.

I don't think they have much clout around here. They pass them out to anyone who works in a union shop. If you work in a union shop and run the saw, you'll get a card that says that you're a journeyman machinist. I'll bet just as many people have a Sam's Club card. They might as well print them on soft paper (if you know I mean). biggrin.gif

Thad

I don't buy into the piece of paper theory. Every boss I have had just wants you to prove you can walk the walk. I don't think that I am underpaid, but it's pretty clear that I am not at the top of the scale. That's fine. I know a guy that's always looking for greener pastures, and his motto is, "You are only worth what someone is willing to pay you." So I make around 75,000 on 50 hours a week. I am happy with it. But what about benefits, paid vacations, etc.?

Are you saying that you don't get benefits and paid vacactions?

I would say that is fairly important when starting a new job. I realize that the structure of the US is slightly different when it comes to the benefit thing, but no paid vac.? Seems like if someone wants you to work for them, Jman or not, they are willing to pay (wage, benfits, vac., ect.)...

When I took this job I told them I wouldn't even consider it if they didn't give me at least what I had at the last shop. I had to give slightly in the vac. area (I had 4 weeks paid at the last shop, and they offered 3 weeks paid for the first year here, and then 4 when I have been here a year)...I got benefits, which when having 3 kids is fairly important to me, as well as a $4/h raise from what I was making....

Is it un-normal to get these things down in the States?