Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question For Former SmartCAM Users

jon_banquer

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jon

In the link you gave goto the search function type in smartcam you get 5 books (5 results) type in Mastercam you get 4 pages (37 results).

Enough said!

jons unsticky cuckoo.gif

You've said what you want to say over and over and over.

How about moving on?

"So to answer his question you send him to a link where he can BUY a 1995 era book for close to $80"

What I wrote is quite different than what you wrote above. Here is what I wrote *again*.

"I have the book and could make you a copy of the example that the book uses showing just how easy and fast it is to Fully Graphically Edit The Toolpath in SmartCAM."

Jon Banquer

Phoenix, Arizona

The ONLY reason you have control in smartcam is because you are working directly with the element database. If the database is external you will never have full control and nobody is going to start over. Certainly not mastercam.

You're pissing up a rope Jon. Stirring up the sheet just to spend time on the pc.

"In the link you gave goto the search function type in smartcam you get 5 books (5 results) type in Mastercam you get 4 pages (37 results)."

Full Graphical Control over the toolpath is the issue not how many people use SmartCAM or MasterCAM.

Is there some reason you and others don't feel you can benefit from something good in another CADCAM package and ask for it in MasterCAM?

Would it matter if there was only 1 seat of SmartCAM sold but it could do things that MasterCAM can't do?

A good feature is a good feature despite all the extraneous issues that keep being brought into this thread.

Jon Banquer

Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks Bob,

Hey, looks like you're pretty close to me. I'm down here in Medford. Not a big deal I guess, but seems like most on the forum are up around Portland. smile.gif

Yeah your right. Obvious Troll.

I do find his skewed viewpoint rather amusing though.

I would still like to know why this GTE is so important if Mcam can still work so efficiently without it. I mean, how did Mcam become so popular? Like I said before, certainly not becuase it's cheap.

EDIT: Sounds like this "Good Feature" would cause you to loose a lot of useful features Mcam posesses. But if you're right, the the masses will start asking for it, and Mcam should get it then. That's how we got unlimited undo's. Until then, we'll all just keep making are programs without any problems, while you stir s#it up.

"The ONLY reason you have control in smartcam is because you are working directly with the element database."

I tend to doubt that SmartCAMs approach is the only approach that can be used to gain Full Graphical Control Over The Toolpath. Even if it is I fail to see where MasterCAM can't be made to do this. You have one CAM author on the Rhino Forum who has created a CAM program that runs inside of Rhino that apparently does it.

CNC Software employs some very bright people. I fail to see where MasterCAM can not be made to give the user Full Graphical Control Over The Toolpath.

Heck, CNC Software completely rewrote MasterCAM from the ground up for MasterCAM X. Seems to me the task of giving the user Full Graphical Control over the toolpath pails by comparison.

Jon Banquer

Phoenix, Arizona

quote:

CNC Software employs some very bright people. I fail to see where MasterCAM can not be made to give the user Full Graphical Control Over The Toolpath.

Obviously the majority of mastercam (and apparhently some Smartcam) users have not deemed it neccassary, so noone is asking for it. Nobody is saying CNC Software couldn't do it, just nobody asking for it.

"I do find his skewed viewpoint rather amusing though."

In the big unprotected world outside this forum you might find that others feel exactly the same way I do about SmartCAMs ability to give the user Total Graphical Control Over The Toolpath.

Of course one would really need to have an open mind and want to read what others (many of whom have acquired different CADCAM systems since purchasing SmartCAM) have to say.

Speaking of which... Here are some quotes from a poster to comp.cad.solidworks that were made today:

"I don't disagree that SmartCAM is the ultimate program for total control."

"We are not dumping SmartCAM, we are just adding a new way to make NC code. Just because we get a new CNC horizontal mill doesn't mean we will get ride of our Bridgeport knee mill."

Jon Banquer

Phoenix, Arizona

jon,

It hit me in a flash of blinding light.

I can finally see THE TRUTH!!

The 15,000 registered users of the forum,

all the employees of CNC Software,all the

dealers who sell it and all of the shop owners

and programmers who use it are just too stupid to know how badly we need

Total Graphical Control Over The Toolpath

Only the great jon_banquer was wise enough to see

THE TRUTH!!

This oversite will be recitfied immediatley.

Thank you for clearing that up, your work here is done.

I heard there were some little green men

wandereing around in Southwest Nevada somewhere. You'd better go check that out.. It may be important.

Enjoy your time here... its nearly over wink.gif

quote:

Of course one would really need to have an open mind and want to read what others (many of whom have acquired different CADCAM systems since purchasing SmartCAM) have to say.

Good point. The majority of Mcam users could care less about GTE. Why don't you open your mind to the fact that we work fine without it. I will open my mind to the fact that you are incapable of using Mcam properly, therefore still require the use of Smartcam, or Smartcam like features as a crutch. tongue.gif

Me wonders from how many forums this imbecile

was banned

Like from this :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Folks,

Jon Banquer, or whatever his real name is, has been banned from the forum.

Everyone, even this sort, has an opportunity to participate in this forum, but they don't have the freedom to use it as their own personal platform.

You won't be bothered by him any longer. Anyone wishing to post on the forum must register and be approved so he won't be back.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Greg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.alibre.net/forums/viewtopic.php...29c8feca4e#6915

Or this sort of troubles

~~~~~~~~~~

J. Banquer

Hot Rolled

Member # 15127

Rate Member - posted 12-17-2006 10:26 PM Profile for J. Banquer Email J. Banquer Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post I was the first to request the CADCAM forum for Practical Machinist and John Stevenson the so called moderator of the Practical Machinist CADCAM forum censors anything I post because he does not agree with what I have to say about CADCAM.

Allowing this type of censorship to take place speaks very badly for American Machinist!

Jon Banquer

Phoenix, Arizona

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 3 Dec 2006 20:02:46 -0800, "jon_banquer" wrote:

>Please post this on Practical Machinist.

Banned again already?

I noticed they were editing your posts/rants .

Still hawking 3dinkies?

LOL ....

--

Cliff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

quote:

Well... a book that shows just how easy this can be done in SmartCAM and takes you step by step thru doing it is:

SmartCAM Production Milling and Turning

Jon.. just answer thier questions

You don't need to have ppl read a book on Smartcam

You're supposed to be an expert. Your making us

Smartcam users sound like YOU.

Dig down into the depths of your complex mind

and tell them the how to's. If it is worth your

efforts to bring this up in detail it should

be fresh on your mind.

Please don't tell us your bragging about something

you've forgeten how to use. I remember it vividly

and its been many years ago.

I can answer anybody's inquiries about Smartcam

if need be. Please don,t use this Forum, email

my personal hotmail account. I have left it

in Batch 7 @ weffriddles.com

Jon is happy that he can move lines of toolpath

as geometry. He obviously is a 2-D master nothing

more. There really is no use for this in the 3-D world.

RMS

Jon, since Mastercam's competitive analysis department does not read this forum I suggest that you take your wealth of competitive product info directly to CNC Software. You are wasting your time here.

Contact [email protected] and arrange for a meeting, bring your laptop with all your software to show them the benefits of other systems. They should pay money for that info, at least they might pay your airfare. biggrin.gif