Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slow posting

3R!< W3NG3R

For each type of toolpath the filtertolerance button is in a different location.

For example; "Surface Rough Pocket" the button is on the "rough parameters" tab. Then click on "total tolerance" you will have an option there to set your tolerance and turn on arcs. (create arcs in XY) You may or may not want this. It is used to make the code smaller for a few of reasons. One reason is to process faster (posting), another reason is so that it can fit in you controlers memory, or faster DNC (drip feed).

Eric,

Where is the slow down occuring. Prior to the post processor status dialog coming up or during the status dialog updating. The status dialog doesn't come up untile processing actually starts. prior to theis the NCI is being written and control passed to MP.

Maybe the issues in speed is writing the NCI and not posting.

There shouldn't have been any changes to posting that would cause this slow down in SP1.

This is just one more problem with X. The filter has nothing to do with it. I also get this same problem when posting. I would also suggest it now takes about twice as long to post a file with exactly the same parameters and posts. Eric, you are not alone.

Been thinking about this all day.....I seem to recall a thread about a month or so back dealing with something similar. Did a search with no luck. There was a check box in the Control Def that turned off writing the NCI file during posting. Or, something along those lines. I may be barking up the wrong tree here, and if I am, Please correct me. Does anyone remember this?

• 7 years later...

Eric,

Where is the slow down occuring. Prior to the post processor status dialog coming up or during the status dialog updating. The status dialog doesn't come up untile processing actually starts. prior to theis the NCI is being written and control passed to MP.

Maybe the issues in speed is writing the NCI and not posting.

There shouldn't have been any changes to posting that would cause this slow down in SP1.

That's a good point. One thing to check is where are you sending NCI/NC files to? Are they on a network drive of local hard drive. Our IT department has the slowest network on the planet, which causes us some serious delays.