Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

You sure you went through and made everything .0001? that seems ridiculously fast considering my OC'd system took over 7 minutes.. then again maybe im just jealous..

I cheated :harhar: .. I'm running an X7 beta version .. with multithreading stock model support ... and if you look at the screen shot, you'll see it only regenned OP3 once

Heres my post with my benchmarks..

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25855&st=1480#entry810947

Seems things are looking up in the next version.. its def the stock model that slowed mine down..

My system is as follows..

System Specs..

Mastercam X6 MU2

Asus Maximus V Extreme MB

core i7 - 3770k ivy Bridge 3.5GHz overclocked to 4.7GHz

32GB G.Skill 1600Mhz Ram

AMD FirePro W8000 w/4GB

256 GB Vertex4 SSD

3TB Seagate 7200rpm

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I have been running mine overclocked to 4.7Ghz since mid October and so far I haven't had any real problems with it.. I have had some crashes of X6 but im pretty sure, though they are annoying, hiccups once in a while are just something that has to be expected regardless the computer / processor.

All in all using it for X6 and Solidworks I haven't been able to find anything to complain about.. just solid performance

I am looking to purchase a few new computers for our shop. We need some pretty decent horsepower to process some of our typical jobs. Without reading through 1500 posts, could someone with good computer knowledge guide me as to what works best with Mastercam ? Obviously I don't have an unlimited budget, but I reall y need to know what to shop for.

Is a Zeon quad core processor the best candidate or do dual cores work better?

I know to look for a Nvidia video card, but what model / price range is recommended?

Obviously a 64 bit operating system is a must, and I assume 16 gig of ram would be ideal?

Please help me out. I am a great programmer, however, I am not so savvy about computers.

Carmen

• 1 month later...

This one Hurts......

26 mintues..................What the *uc%

Dell T3500 Desktop

Dual Core XEON 3.2 GHz

windows 7 Pro 64 bit

6GB ram

Nvidia Quadro 600 video card

.....Why? anyone?

Old CPU in the shop

12minutes

Dell Desktop T5400

Dual core XEON 3.0 GHz

windows XP 32 bit

3.25GB ram

Nvidia Quadro FX5600 video card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to OC my rig.

Running stable at 4.8ghz.

All toolpaths set to .0001 tolerance

stock model .001 tool and .001 path tolerance

Took about 8:20 to regen all.

I feel it should be faster tho.....

Lets see a picture of this setup with 4 monitors. I have to agree that I would expect a lower time for that over clock I just breag 9 min with mine and it is not over clocked.

Why turn off adjust cut on the rest material page? You are choosing to rough with Ball nosed tools. Turn on the 'adjust remaining stock to ignore small cusps' and set it to .01 on the rest material page. Do you really want the rest roughing to mill every cusp the roughing left behind, you roughed with a ball if you didn't want cusps why us a ball? turnig this funtion on, as most users will do for rest roughing, eliminates the OP3 pass on the floor milling all the cusps, reducing the processing time of OP3.

Before adjsuting the above I was over 6 minutes. After turning on the adjustment functionality I'm at 4 min