Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

verify and red arrow

Jaz

When I'm done verifying a toolpath and return to MC the (insert expletive) red arrow in my operation manager goes clear to the bottom of all the operations and all the machine groups get expanded. This is very annoying. Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

• 2 months later...

quote:

This questions is to the Beta testers. Has this been fixed in the release you guys are using now?

Beta testers cannot answer your questions.

If you want to know what is going on in Beta I would suggest contacting your reseller to see if you can get involved in the program

quote:

I don't like the way it occasionally changes your WCS too. I don't think the WCS should ever change unless you do it.

Happens all the time to me.

I can live with the occasional crash or the occasional restart when things start to act funny for no reason. I can even live with the rare reinstall but I have a very hard time accepting this kind of constant erratic behavior with the WCS chainging at random and the red arrow jumping all over the place. I don't feel there is any excuse for this.

The WCS changing is not a bug. It is supposed to change to the WCS used on the machine group chosen. The idea is to have one WCS per machine group.

I have been told that the ops manager has a bug after you verify. Can't remember when it will be fixed. Bug #00039169

The model gets re-positioned too. Bug #39888

They are working on it.

HTH

quote:

The WCS changing is not a bug. It is supposed to change to the WCS used on the machine group chosen. The idea is to have one WCS per machine group.

I have one WCS per Machine Group. When I change to a different Machine Group the WCS does not change to the correct WCS for that Machine Group and yes I put the red arrow in the correct place.

quote:

Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

Don't use verify. wink.gif

Seriously...If you are wanting just visual info(which IMO is all verify is worth at this point) you might try this work-around if you have Vericut:

In Vericut you can create stripped down machine files, up your tolerances, etc. so it runs extremely fast, and it will outperform verify. Plus you can still have Mastercam open and working while it is running. After you are done, change tolerances and machine files to normal then run your actual verification.

quote:

WCS not changing properly has now been logged by CNC Software as cnc00040738.

[ 11-13-2008, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: NeilJ ]

this is a slightly annoying issue that does happen when you have multiple machine groups. Most people that have multiple machine groups do not need them, but there are reasons, like jay said you are actually running a setup on one machine, then the next setup on another. Or, if you require a different stock setup for a second setup on the same machine. But, you should check your WCS and t/c plane when changing machine groups anyway. Anyone using multiple WCS's or multiple T/C Planes should un-check the update T and C planes when changing graphics view in the system config.

HTH

quote:

One of the ways to reduce dependence on Machine Groups would be to allow Toolpath Groups to be assigned unique program numbers.

You can assign any toolpath group

any program number you like

Select

Right click

Edit selected operations

Change Program #

I should have said automatically. My bad.

With a toolpath group as you add machining operations it doesn't automatically add the program number to the machining operation.

If you define the Machine Group first and tell it the program number as you add machining operations to your toolpath group it automatically adds the program number.

To sum up I'd like Toolpath Groups to automaticly assign the program number like Machining Groups do.

quote:

To sum up I'd like Toolpath Groups to automaticly assign the program number like Machining Groups do.

I agree gcode.

If I NEED another program I either change it or create a new Machine Group.

There is a method for doing this if you NEED to, and IMO opinion that is the way it should stay

Why not give the user the option to assign it automatically or manually. When you create new Machine Groups you gain the advantage of being able to automatically number your machining operations. The problem is that you end up with a WCS problem... so much for the other method because the problem this method introduces negates the benefit.

As I said above I sent a file to our VAR this week who was kind enough to send the file on to CNC Software. CNC Software looked at my file and confirmed the WCS bug I complained about and assigned it cnc00040738.