Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm BACK!!!!!

Camdude®

After what seemed like years in the hinterlands

working with CAmWorks (ugh!) i'm back with Mastercam. if anybody needs a word or two about the adavantage/disadvantage of Camworks vs. Mastercam i got some insight.

But it sure feels good to be back amongst the bretheren.

So what's been shaken since i left.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jay,

Yeah, it me over here. You should stop by... biggrin.gif Left the machine yesterday running, came in this morning... still running. biggrin.gif Man I love automation. biggrin.gif

Once I get this part's bore finish squared away 30 hours straight with no operator intervention... biggrin.gif

I get to train another guy today and probably tomorrow. Douglas. He sharp?

Oh, Welcom back Phil! cheers.gif

(I get to train another guy today and probably tomorrow. Douglas. He sharp?) Well that is good question. but I know that he has the attitude if you run lathes you are not a real machinist. He said that to a another guy here.

So I say you let me know. wink.gif

Oh Ya Phil Nice to see you back to the Dark Clique side.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...he has the attitude if you run lathes you are not a real machinist...

OUCH!!! I know a more than a few guys that would take issue with that. So we'll see. I'll keep an open mind and we'll see how good he is.

Location change

yes Camworks has solid professor for training and it's not bad at all. that's how i got most of my knowledge. just didn't like the way the software was setup. i'm sure with more practice and a few adjustments to the tech databases i could have got more out of it but i kept running into toolpaths generating wierd stuff when i would change a parameter like tool radius or depth of cut. some stuff just didn't make sense to me and the surfacing algors did not work too well. but then again it could have been me!

quote:

yes Camworks has solid professor for training and it's not bad at all. that's how i got most of my knowledge.

I don't even know you but I'm sure glad your back!

quote:

just didn't like the way the software was setup.

I don't either.

quote:

and the surfacing algors did not work too well. but then again it could have been me!

Supposedly the surfacing toolpaths are getting much better. Doesn't matter to me, like you I don't like the way the software works.

What I really don't like is the amount of time you have to put into the Access Tech DB to make the software do what you want. FBM should be an option to use not a forced mode that's your only choice.