Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Copy Or Moving Entities From One Level To Another Bug

NeilJ

At least once a week I have a problem where Mastercam refuses to Copy or Move Entities from one Level to another Level. The only solution is to close Mastercam and restart where Copying or Moving Entities between Levels again works like it should. This problem occurs in Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1

No real issues here, Just an iritation. When I hit esc at the wrong time and it closes, it doesn't remember where it was, always goes back to the upper Lh corner. Seems like I'm always dragging it across the screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere ??

"linky"

...which shows the solutions to problems more often than not can be found by *searching* the forum.

There is quite a diverse range of experience here from total n00bz to battle hardened veterans. If you're having a problem, self induced or otherwise, certainly someone else has had the same thing happen to them and it has been talked about.

With that said, I'm still working on trying to reproduce the calculable field errors that happen after a period of time on 64bit platforms. At first I thought it went away in X3 MU1 but it eventually showed its ugly mug. The last time I emailed QC about it they said only four people reported it and for the life of me I haven't been able to repoduce it because it's so random.

banghead.gif

quote:

calculable field errors that happen after a period of time on 64bit platforms

my x64 system at home has been working fine with

X3MU1, but I havn't been doing much work at home lately. I've got a couple of projects to do this wekend. I'll keep my eye out for that one.

Why would you keep the level manager open?

I have noticed sometimes I thought this happened to me, but never knew it was a bug.

I just thought I musta made a bad mouse click. Which does happen with my wireless stuff.

I always close the manager when I am done and that clears the buffer and no app restart has ever been required.

billholeman,

quote:

I don't see a solution in the link. I see others who have the same problem and a suggestion to try. I tried the suggestion. I still have the problem.

Well it wasn't so much of a solution but...

quote:

We are working on some Level Manager improvements for X4 right now so we have a programmer in the code and working on it.

Tells me that they are working to make it better.

If the OP would have taken the time to do a search and not just posted a "rant" without making it a question, I probably wouldn't have said anything ...but he didn't so I did. Some people are too lazy to search or just want to start a negative thread (i.e. trolling).

BTW, welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

quote:

I don't see a solution in the link.

CNC chimed in and said the level manager is being worked on for X4, get you mainteance up to date.

quote:

I don't see a good reason to leave it open all the time.

I use 2 monitors and never close the lvl manager.

I place the ops man and lvl man on the other monitor.

MC requires alot of extra clicking to perform multiple tasks of the same operation, not opening and closing the managers saves alot of time

M2C's

quote:

level manager alt z

I concur. Using hot keys is far faster than leaving a window open all the time on another monitor.

Except I've got the Color menu mapped to Alt-Z and Level Mangler to Alt-L. Goes back to the days when I used Cadkey as a front end to Mastercam. smile.gif