Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New EDm suggestions

Reverend Turk

ive used fanucs, sodicks and japax. agies have a good selection of wires also.it depends on what you are wiring.fanucs are accurate to .00011 per side,have an excellent wire threader,and great support.i will also say that for the money they are a wise choice.they hold up well.there are all kinds of opinions out there. i personally just like the fanucs. i have 3 of em.

Mitsubishi and Charmilles is all I'd look at. Having never actually run one, was in key positions at several places. Sodick always sucked, Fanuc might be famous for their controllers but I saw a brand new one not cut for a week straight for a year without something major happening and the accuracy was crap no matter how many skim cuts you took.

The Charmilles seems to be slightly more versatile and the Mits a little more accurate if you keep up on the guides. The difference seemed to be a lot in the operators.

Never worked at a place that could afford a Makino but the reputation speaks loudly and if I had a gazillion dollars at my disposal I'd look at one.

Jim

we have an older Sodick A280L, a Fanuc Alpha OiA,

and a charmilles 240cc. of those hands down the fanuc, excellant wire threader, easy edge finding and wire alignment. i'll take the older sodick before the Charmilles not that it's faster just ease of setup and operating. I've also been reading about the new Makino Duo64, have the brochure right in front of me. we are possibly going to purchase a new wire this year and it will be either Fanuc or Makino.

We have Charmilles 2030TW. super accurate machine with amazingly reliable threader. We also had a 240 and sent it back. My experience with the 240 is the same as Shazam described. The 240 and similar machines are low end asian built machines to compete in the cheaper market with machines like fanuc etc. They are not real Charmillles machine in my opinion.

quote:

Fanuc might be famous for their controllers but I saw a brand new one not cut for a week straight for a year without something major happening and the accuracy was crap no matter how many skim cuts you took.

whoever was runnng that machine didnt know what they were doing or that machine had been crashed.

Cam_mando,

Have they started recently making the 240 in Asia?

My 240 is all swiss, but its 5 years old, so they

might have changed production since then.

I must say I really like my machine, it will hold a tenth all day long and has impressed the inspector

running our cmm quite a few times. I cant compare it to anything else though because its the only wire

I have ever run. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

I must say I don't find Charmmiles support as good

as it was before they merged with agie.

Mike