Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS problem or bug?

mig

Following by tutorial geting problems with WCS .

My head is going to explode. banghead.gif

Each time i open and close the view manager in the left corner the T/C plane became "not saved " and in table of view manager I'm getting new lines "NEW VIEW #1...."

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT'S COMING FROM mad.gif

scrin-1.jpg

I could be wrong but I think this is in your post. I think you have your WCS set to piviot points and not to 3+2 positioning. These would be temp planes. I am not a 5x guru but I think you would fix this here;

code:

#Work offsets

workofs$ : -1 #Initialize work offset

force_wcs : yes$ #Force WCS output at every toolchange?

use_frst_wcs: yes$ <<Change this to no$ #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

I don't know what the tutorial is telling you to do, so I don't know how they are being created, but you can safely delete them.

Plans used in toolpaths have a check mark next

to them. Mastercam will not allow you to delete one that is being used in a toolpath or a stock definition. It won't hurt if you leave them

but it will cluter up your view manager.

I believe that Jm paris is correct. If you hace update T/C plane selected in your config under cad settings,every time you change you g-view it will creat another new plane. Althouigh it should prompt you to rename the plane. By enchecking the two check boxes in cad settings it will keep this from happening every time you change from top to right or iso views. Which still gets me how people work with them turned on. You could also test this by checking that Mastercam only makes relative planes. If you set those planes as your WCS you should see that they are relative to your 165 deg plane. You know like front, righ, iso,left.

• 2 months later...

ok well i tried both check boxes and that didnt help. i can have the G view & T/C planes set the same and WCS set to top and do a regen on a operation im working on and it will add 2 to 3 new views.

also after the regen the info at the bottom left of the screen will change the T&C planes to something different for each one. neither of them will be what they were before the regen.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if someone found a reason behind the creation of "new views"..

I have been asked the same question, It happens randomly on the users end (usually when creating multiple planes). I have given the above suggestions and I've tried to duplicate it on my end with no luck.

[ 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Snehal Shah ]

I've had them automatically generated when you import op's, especially on 4-axis positioning / programming with transformed toolpaths. It can become extremely irritating when you have dozens of ops.

You should be able to delete them once and they should stay gone.

If they keep coming back, try this:

check to see if you have created a new T/C plane that corresponds to a default plane. This has been trouble for me in the past. Instead of using the new plane, Mcam renames a default plane as you have been seeing.

Try tracing the location, orientation of those planes you are having pop up and planes you have selected in your operations. This might help track down why they are popping up and where from.