Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ in X4

smily

quote:

Does the X4 new setup do this?

X+ will give you the required and necessary info in one page. The new Setup Sheet using ActiveReports_Designer.exe will deplete all the forests in North America by the end of the decade with the amount of pages it generates biggrin.gif

It is also very slow and if you go work on something else it wil embed images of whatever you are working on into the report.

From the help file:

quote:

Note: CNC Software, Inc. can provide only limited support for this application. Please contact the software's publisher for technical support issues.

Thanks Gunther!

Glenn they have a lot of different formats loaded and you can change it from the most complex like it is now to one just like the basic mill.set. Not trying to take away from the hard work you have done Gunther. The big difference is the new one supports Lathes, Mill/Turns, Router, and even Wire. It does take some tweaking, but the power is unlimted and supports many different products. Yes there are examples for all these different types machines look over in the Thread about the reports.

I think everyone knows I call it like it is, but CNC did a great job going in this direction. Is support limited at this time on the product yes, but how many new technologies have you seen have limited support when it first came out. Set-up sheets have been their Achilles heal and IMHO they have made a big step to fixing that problem.

quote:

Glenn they have a lot of different formats loaded and you can change it from the most complex like it is now to one just like the basic mill.set.

Please enlighten me on how to change to a simpler template.

setup-sheet.JPG

Any attempt to switch to something other than the ones highlighted gives me this error

setup-sheet2.JPG

I think that given some time, those of us that are working on making simpler templates for setup sheets will share them on the FTP, I know I will!

All the setup sheets you have highlighted are the valid ones to use, the others in that directory are used as subroutines for the 4 highlighted ones.

You need to access them through the Machine Definition and then through the control definition. I outlined this in the other thread.

Also everyone there are examples file you can use for these. They are in the C:McamX4commonreportsmsc folder and the C:McamX4commonreportssst. To get your session to change to change to them you need to go into your Control Definition through your Machine Definition. You need to go the Files then File Usage needs to have Setup Sheet Template Selected. Now go over to Selected item's file name. Now navigate to C:McamX4commonreportsmsc or C:McamX4commonreportssst and pick the different examples that have here.

It is also intuitive enough what you are using so you can not switch to Lathe if you are in mill and vice versa.

HTH

• 1 month later...