Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Delay in accessing toolpath parameters new to x4

Chris Rizzo

I have about a 5 second lag when opening the parameter page, which is annoying as hell but livable.

When I click out of it I have a delay that is over 20 seconds on a large file before the page processes and regenerates.

I'm having a hard time living with that. frown.gif

X4 MU2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

The "Rectent Vistors" log at the bottom of the page show 3 CNC Software employees logged on at the moment.

I think its safe to say they are reading this stuff.

I hope so. Sometimes I feel like these issues fall on deaf ears. I'm not sure how many Mastercam users bought their own license or pay their own maintenance, but I did and I do so I get to see my $,$$$ annual maintenance fees in action. When spiffy new features are offset by bugs, unexplained delays, or existing features that no longer work right I feel like I am wasting my money. All I ask from my maintenance dollars is for my job to become easier and quicker. That said, I wish I had bought Volumill at X2 and dropped my Mastercam maintenance.

I have made the mistake that airing out my grievances

on the forum are the way to get their attention.

But my last temp file issue proved otherwise.

I did go through the steps of contacting my reseller

and CNC by email and desktop sharing but my issue

could not be reproduced. I was told by both that

they have had few others with the same issue.

So I started my thread. It took 22 days before

CNC chimed in with an idea to fix it, but that was

because they were working on it behind the scenes

since it was brought to their attention by the

protocol they prefer. It frustrated me to no end

and temparary solutions keep me programming some

what intil it, or I figured it out. My frustration

caused me to react poorly when CNC chimed in.

Which I am sorry for since we both found a solution.

But as for maintenance, it is all I will use, as

purchasing 3rd party is not in my owners best

interest.

I have started sending all issues to QC and I am civil when I do so (no sarcasm, frustration, etc...). I have yet to get any meaningful reply, or any reply for that matter. I have also been sending in every crash report when Mastercam crashes only to get an automated reply telling me to update my video driver, which I have done. The latest was sent in yesterday and it was regarding a helical finishing feed rate issue. It will be interesting to see if I hear anything back. ANY sort of acknowlegement on their part would go a long way. Something like "got your email, we are looking into it..." or "try changind this setting in your configuration" would be great.

Rick,

Your post here is fair and reasonable. Hopefully I can make the next point without moderation intervention:

As an example, we use an ERP software and that company 100% provides a list of enhancements and bug fixes for every release. Furthermore, they encourage users to share ideas for improvements as well as dislikes that the users have on the forum.

They also have a public (to the users) enhancement list that users can review and add there name to if it’s something a user agrees with. They too fully acknowledge all requests and accept or deny them so users know where the topic stands. Pretty reasonable huh?

To send secret wish lists to resellers seems counterproductive to me. If CNC software has a protocol they wish to use, would it not be wise for them to outline that protocol here? If they have done so, I cannot find it.

quote:

ANY sort of acknowlegement on their part would go a long way.

+10000000000000000

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

As an example, we use an ERP software and that company 100% provides a list of enhancements and bug fixes for every release.

MANY software companies do not publish enhancement/bug fix lists. CNC is not exclusive in this matter. On Esprit's Web Forum Download section, the latest release 2010 SP02, it is stated that "A detailed list of issues corrected or features added to this release will not be provided."

• 4 months later...

X4 MU3 on 4 different Dell workstations

running XP-x32 SP3

Zero delay... zip nada

My Win7x64 at home has a 1 second delay

running X4MU3.

I'm convinced this is video related

but have failed to track it down so far.

I just had a thought.

If you've got the delay, where are you sending

your temp files??... default location

in the user folders or elsewhere..

I have a folder in root of C for

backup and temp files..

C:X4_baktemp

Maybe the delay is caused by temp files being

located inside user folders and the

required pemmisions requests neccessary to

access these folders??

People started complaining about these delays

around the same time we started defaulting temp files to Windows Temp folders..

• 2 months later...