Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1

Thee Rickster ™

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

They obsure the part model and constantly have to be dragged and moved.

Get yourself a Space pilot, and/or a second monitor. Problem solved.

quote:

Next to useless eye candy for anybody but noobs and marketdroids.

I use both Dynamic Planes and Dynamic Transform EVERY DAY. I have been programming for 8 years, and I would not trade either of these functions for a %100 bug free version of mastercam. You tell me, am I a noob, or a marketdroid?

I think all of you that have Resellers that are willing to work with you are very lucky. I know the last time I talked to ours he got defensive when I said I was having problems with MC X4 and said he is on Beta Version 62,000 and hasn't ever crashed.

Blamed it on my hardware and basically hung up the phone. Absolutely no support.

It's going to be very hard to get the company to buy maintenance next year. This year almost didn't happen!

Mike in MN

quote:

Dynamic transform is sweet

I find Transform 3D faster. The habit goes back to the mid 90's, pre/early-Solidworks days, when Cadkey was the xxxxe for modeling and I was using it as a front end for Mastercam.

I view Dynamic transform as being real useful for example, say locating a pringles potato chip shaped part in random 3D space in mold cavities in order to properly generate partings.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. smile.gif

I use it exclusively like your potato chip example for tool position.

quote:

Blamed it on my hardware and basically hung up the phone. Absolutely no support.

I Email In-house and 'cc'CNC Software directly.

Great results and they just want to experience what is happening on my end. With Inhouse we do

desktop sharing and that way you can show them and they will contact CNC directly. If it is a huge issue CNC will get ahold of you to get on the problem right away.

I don't believe CNC would condone your resellers treatment and will help you if they won't

[email protected]

And if they are aware of the issue they tell you and at least you know they are working on it in some kind of priority.

Cheers

Rick

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

[hijack]

Drilling holes is too advanced for Jonny Buzzword.

[/hijack]

Taking the time to submit crash reports IS a worthwhile endeavor. There have been several occasions where I have recieved an e-mail from one of the code guys asking questions with regard to the crash.

"then be a little patient. Goods things are happening every release."

I'd like to hit the "s" key and single step in Solid Verify like I can in Backplot. How many more releases before this basic functionalilty becomes available?

That's a pretty arrogant question IMO.

'because YOU want'

Have you sent this in? What did they say? Do you really think that to be a top priority?

I agree this could be handy for very simple and small toolpaths, but for those I would rather use backplot anyway. But not a priority IUAM.

Sorry Rick, but without Jarrett around, things are not nearly as interesting around here. This thread seems to do for now wink.gif