Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1

Thee Rickster ™

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bugs in the last 2 versions have been the worst since actually adding multisurf!!! How about service packs so those of us who can not afford matinance for something that doesnt work can still get the fixes!! X3 flat out violates boundries and air cut like no other. X4 nothing but problems! I used to think MC wast the most bang for the buck and stuck by it since DOS. Yep that far back. Now it is just a lot of BANG that cost a lot of bucks.

quote:

Can you explain why you would prefer to have buggy

software and no more fixes?

I'm just speculating here, but perhaps those people don't have much trouble with bugs, and want new functionality.

There's also the matter that the OP said "every problem or bug". You'll never have ALL bugs fixed.

I don't understand why the focus seems to be on adding more "flash" and not fixing basic problems before you move on to something new where you will have even more problems.

CNC recommends that all of us take the time to fix post update errors that only occur because we are updating them. But we have continuing bugs with the software that don't seem important to them.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I'm just speculating here, but perhaps those people don't have much trouble with bugs, and want new functionality.

I'm with Matt. Most of the time I'm running MC Beta Software and I don't experience nearly the amount of bugs that some of you do. Don't know why, I'm not even sure I could make an intelligent guess beyond I do things differently than many. Perhaps one thing I do differently than most, and this goes back to me being a Beta Tester, I am very deliberate in what I do and when I do it. Reason being, if I run into something, I need to be able to reproduce it if at all possible. Few have need to be that deliberate.

quote:

Maybe the beta software is not identical to the

released software and you wouldn't know it

I don't know why some people have

trouble and others don't..

If I have more than 1 or 2 crashes

a month its a bad month..

I think a lot of it depends on the type of work

you're doing.

It makes no sense that CNC would give the

beta guys one set of code and release a different set to the general public..

If that were the case, I'd start having all sorts

of trouble when I replaced my beta software with

the public release.

I do know one thing..

If I was running the kind of stuff Rickster

is running., my OS would be XP Pro x64

( or maybe even Windows 7 x64)

with about a gagillion tons of RAM

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the beta software is not identical to the

released software and you wouldn't know it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes no sense that CNC would give the

beta guys one set of code and release a different set to the general public..

If that were the case,
I'd
we'd start having all sorts

of trouble when
I
we replaced
my
our beta software with

the public release...

There, fissed. biggrin.gif

See my sig. I am having the same problems that Rick is having with an adequate workstation. There are also many programmers that are having the same grief whom are NOT forum members. I get emails and phone calls OFTEN from friends in the trade using MCAM asking for help around the bugs.

quote:

If I was running the kind of stuff Rickster

is running., my OS would be XP Pro x64

( or maybe even Windows 7 x64)

with about a gagillion tons of RAM

When I was running that loner

kicka$$ tower with 6 gigs ram, solid state drive quadro 3700 card, I7 quad core, I had same exact issues.

So that doesn't explain anything, right? Beside it is a MC software issue, I have used many software's with the same amount of complex(or more) mold bases with 10x less of a P.C.

(virtually zero crash issues etc.)

I wish I had an answer too.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not denying there are bugs. Software AND bugs are a fact of life. frown.gif Just the nature of the beast.

Just wondering why some experience them and some don't.

One thing that could possibly help some would be to have a more specific hardware requirements list. While I understand not wanting to pidgeon hole yourself into a certain hardware set as a software company, it could be at least a little more specific.

JM2C