Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1

Thee Rickster ™

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I could make an intelligent guess beyond I do things differently than many.

This is exactly what I thought when I first started using Mastercam. I found allot of bugs that nobody else seemed to have experienced.

We all use the software differently and experience different results. I would imagine that the people that have used Mastercam prior to X use the software allot differently than the people that started in X or even just recently.

Is it possible that adding more users to the beta testing group (newer users as well) might help this situation?

When X4 released I found a huge wave of bugs within the first two days of use that kept me from continuing to use the software. I found the same with X3 "AND" X3 MU1. I still use X2 MR2 SP1 because I found work arounds for the bugs that I encountered there and have no desire to search for work arounds to new problems. Even though I would love to use all of these new features that have been added. (Dynamic Milling especially).

Ive really come to like Mastercam over the last year because of the flexibility and how easy it is to customize it to suite your needs. I could do without so many bugs however. It takes time to find work around for those bugs and from the shop owners point of view, that is just wasted time that he shouldnt be paying for. He takes the lost time out on me which bitters me toward the system.

Lets see some patches! and here is hoping for a bugless MU. biggrin.gif

quote:

Is it possible that adding more users to the beta testing group (newer users as well) might help this situation?

That does make a certain amount of sense. I've been a user since version 5, so my habits are largely based on what Mastercam was like before X. Some of the new functionality (like dynamic transform) I generally don't use, just because I'm in the habit of doing things the old fashioned way.

I agree with all that has been thrown out in this thread and more so with the first few comments about patches. I strongly voiced the same sentiment in the Mastercam Survey that appeared in the forum last week. They are being paid for a service which they are failing to deliver on.

Have you all noticed that no one from CNC Software has posted anything in this thread yet?

Rick. Most of the issues I'm talking about, (except for the verify problem) has been fixed per QC at Mastercam in MU1. Well, where the %&@#*! is the patch???!!! I hear about it, but it hasn't been delivered? I don't give a rat's xxxx about MU1, I want a patch now and they can name it anything they damn well please!!! Just give me the effin fixes so I can produce!!

Neurosis -

Very well said....I am guessing those that have used the software consistanly find work arounds for the bugs. All of us us the software differently levels and experience bugs more then others.

Tony- The patches would be a great Idea....Getting tired of changing my comment blocks.

It would also be nice if there was a 5-axis routine that looked past the edge curves of a surface and extended the U and V's. And have a thick ( offset) value to control how far near or part a surface to drive. Also a way to control the ring value of the tool where the tool is tangent to the surface rather then using the top of the radius and to top of the tool to be tangent to. Most aerospace parts are about 80 percent 3-axis and 20 percent on 5-axis features. I am spending about 20 percent on the 3-axis features and 80 percent on the 5-axis features. After untrimming trimming creating drive curve geometry it takes time. Guess this is a little off the topic..... Maybe in X5?

Using X4

Vista sucks!! 7 is supposed to be pretty cool! We'll see!

Back to the matter at hand though. CNC stopped giving a chit at X. I have been with three companies since X. Two very large, one very small. I'll go back to what I said 3 post from the top. IT NEEDS TO BE A PATCH WITH MOST OF THESE MAJOR BUGS FIXED. All the companies I have used MC at paid for maint to get the NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES. ALL HAVE BEEN SWINDLED IMO. As of this past weekend I've talked with programmers from the last two places and from 4 other CO's in my area. ALL are dropping maint at the next renewal. 37 seats in all. Glad I only pay maint on one. Still feel bent over!!!!! Hold the vasoline I like mine dry!!!!

MC9.1 sp2

X2MR2SP1

Only two that do most of what they were sold to me on.

XPSP3 64 bit

4 gig ram

HOME BUILT WELL RESEARCHED F'N ROCK AND ROLLER of a box. IT ANINT MY HARDWARE.

MN