Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is it time to destroy MU1 and upgrade to MU2

Code_Breaker

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW This is my system:

Dell Precision T7400 Workstation

Xeon E5430 Dual Quad Core 2.66GHz

Dell SAS 6/iR Integrated Controller

Window XP-32bit 3.25 GB of Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700

Dual 23” Samsung SyncMaster 2333

Mastercam X4 MU1

Vericut 7.0

CATIA V5R19

Unigraphic NX 6.0

I am having constant problems ...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...If you voted no ya must be off your rocker...

Or they are not seeing the issues you are.

The question was asked IMHO "Is MU1 total $#!+ ???" I have to say, performance in my experience is better than X4 and everything prior. But since we all do different things in different ways, the question needed to be asked.

maybe not a full "MR" is due...but to fix some of the very annoying bugs would be nice. Stock to leave not sticking unless you hit the blue + sign, lead in/out not updating till you exit the parameter dialog and then re-enter...the little annoying pain in the xxxx things.

Sure we all got "workarounds"...but I hate that expression. I don't get to use "workarounds" when I mess up a part, and I hope that CNC Software works to those same standards....on their dime, not mine. Quit fixing bugs with Maintenance Releases (which is really the area of "increased functionality" that came with MR1)...oh wait...I forgot bout shading stock.

Bug fixes should be done on CNC Software's dime, not mine. I am all for increased functionality, but I am more for getting rid of these little "workarounds" that we all use. At least with the initial release of X, there were a few SP. I don't think we have seen a SP since X2MR2(2 generations ago...wow)...and don't tell me that is because there have been no bugs.

If they insist on tieing the bug fixes to the MR's, at least do it like they did with X1 MR1/SP2. If you had maintenance you got the new toys, and if you weren't you got a more stable system. [/rant]