Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas program extension

SCOTT.R

Well we just got a new Haas mill here and I am trying to get a program to it through the disk drive. I can't remember what the program extension should be for a Haas. Should it be like O1.nc ? I tried it but that didnt work. Not sure what to save it as any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Ok I got it. It seems the only way to get a program in is to have no extension. The only way i could save it without a extension was to save a program already in the Haas control to the floppy then I brought it to the computer overwrote the file with my new file and then loaded it into the Haas. There has to be another way? confused.gifbanghead.gif

Scott,

Did you try editing the control definition you're using for the Haas in Mcam?

Open the control def and go to files in the control topics, delete the default nc file extension and leave the window blank. Save the control def.

You will need to reload the machine def in the operations manager for the changes to take effect in the current part file.

When you post the code it will be posted without a file extension.

• 9 months later...

Ok I got it. It seems the only way to get a program in is to have no extension. The only way i could save it without a extension was to save a program already in the Haas control to the floppy then I brought it to the computer overwrote the file with my new file and then loaded it into the Haas. There has to be another way? confused.gifbanghead.gif

Just delete the file extension and resave, you will get a warning that the file might be unusable-just ignore it. I have done this many times on my HAAS and on my Tsugami Swiss with Fanuc control.