Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Prosessor VOODOO

CEMENTHEAD

Whats the deal with the "VOODOO" in post processors... I get a kick out of hearing somone is paying $1,000 per axis for a "working" post. Its such a shame. I have been around since V3.1 and shared every post I have ever had that anyone ever needed. Has Greed gone that far? confused.gif this post is not to flame the poor #@$!*'s that try and charge that much but to get some feedback from everyone who has "the gripe" ... again if i have it so can you... no charge cheers.gif

So I noticed you have come here asking for posts and when the dealer says contact him you don't. Then you come back and say what’s the hype, you have been doing this from 3.1.

If so then why is the only thing you have talked about sense you joined is can I get a post or why should I pay someone for there time?

So you think that 5axis posts should be just given out and that none of the time of the Post guys is worth any money?

I don't see any of the other Cad-Cam companies just giving posts away if any thing most do not give you as many as MC does on it's disk.

quote:

again if I have it so can you... no charge

that’s nice of you.

But you still can't expect the dealer just to customize a post for you for free now can you?

You will find that there are allot of people including some dealer here that have shared posts and info on how to adjust them.

JM2C

[ 12-21-2002, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Well here is my 10 cents worth, And no I am not a dealer.

If no one were to buy software then no companies will contiue to write it and in the end that will hurt us all. I mean lets get real anyone knows that a quick trip to your favorite Albanian website will result in a free illegal copy of any sotfware that in on the market.

The best way to try and slow /stop this is to make some part of that software not avalible and in this case it is the holly Post.

I believe that there should be no posts at all on the CD that way you are forced to either really know what you are doing or Buy a Legit copy of the software.

Then perhaps then playing field will level out somewhat if we all have to fork out 20K for a programming system.

cheers.gif

One of the best posts on the market is already available for free right here at eMastercam.com

Its the mpmaster post.

I don't know why they give it away, but I'm grateful. smile.gif

I think one of the big problems people have with giving away posts on the forum is the pirates that come here looking for them.

Some jerk will download a copy of MC9K for $40

and then post here looking for tuned up posts.

He may as well upload the blueprints and ask the forum to do his job for him.(for free)

People's justifiable anger at thieves has sometimes bitten legal owners coming here looking for post help. Its an unhappy byproduct of software piracy.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Some posts I give away and some I don't. I just want to know who your dealer is so I can give them a copy too and let them know what is going on with their customer.

Cementhead, it's real easy to give away what you did not toil for hours/days/weeks on is it? So sad, that you take somebosy's hard work and just spray it out there for every little slimy pirate to get their grubby, chisy, ungrateful thieving hands on it.

Griping about $1000/axis. Ever stop to think of that the person writing that post has spent years honing their craft? You don't work for free do you? I'd be willing to be you don't work for cheap either. Neither should they be expected to work for cheap or free. Quitchurbitchin and learn how to write 5 Axis posts for all the machines then go give them away.

BTW I've got a Thermwood 5 axis router that I could use a dialed Version 9 Post for as your first project. So, how 'bout it? When can I expect it? Tomorrow or Monday? You do $#!+ those things out, right?

Why don't you tell us who you really are and stop hiding behind some cheesy handle if you're going to be so bold, or are you too scared that your company will get busted for pirating the 20 seats of Mastercam out at your machines while hiding behint the 2 or 3 legal seats you have? How 'bout it?

[ 12-21-2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

That was the edited version. I didn't want to be too offensive. "Guys" like that make me want to PUKE, woosie boys who don't complain to Car manufacturers the "Hey, my car needs gas too? Waddya mean, I paid $30,000 for this thing and I gotta put gas in it too? Sheesh!!!!!!" It's the same freaking thing. The software is only part of the total package. So, they spend $500,000 or a $1,000,000 on a machine and balk at a lousy $5,000 to make it run correctly. YA KNOW WHAT PAL, IT'S PART OF THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS! Don't like it? Get a job flipping burgers or something! "Would you like fries with that?"

OUT!

[ 12-21-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Right on James,

Not only will that guy never work at anything himself in life, he wants someone else to do it, and then expect it to be given to him. Ya know I haven't been on this forum very long, but it's easy to figure out who buys the software and who doesn't. Truly sad.

Dan

I agree that the install CD would be of far less use to pirates if each user had to request posts from their dealer. It is far too easy to find good working posts. Most pirates that crack the software initially don't even know or care what a post is. They get their kicks from defeating the security features. Once the software is running, they go onto the next project. Most hackers know nothing about CNC or machining, and would never even know or understand the G-code output. If posts were harder to come by, there would be fewer people that bother with cracked software.

If hackers started exchanging posts on P2P sites, it would be only too easy for legit users to give away "non-functional" posts that would quickly frustrate pirate users that actually tried to cut a part with them... oops a G43 H0 in the middle of a cut...

Peter Eigler

I have a real hard time understanding why some people want to come to this website and complain about the service. I have always gotten the best of help, and so far no one has ever even asked me to pay for it. James sent me a terrific post for the A2100, which I have be asked several times for it. I have always emailed them back and told them to contact James. I also have a great relationship with my reseller, who put me onto this forum to begin with. Thanks to all, and I would always try to pay for something, if someone who put forth the effort and wanted to be compensated for their time and effort.

Glenn

Cementhead:

In a current thread, Elad is looking for a programmer to do two hours of programming a day. Why don’t you offer you experience and services to him for free? That way you can give away your services just as you feel the post writers should do. I’m sure he would happy to receive the programming for free. Please let us know when you have completed the first few projects for Elad.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

. James sent me a terrific post for the A2100, which I have be asked several times for it. I have always emailed them back and told them to contact James.

...and I've never recieved a request yet either.... Hmmmm. I'd be willing to be they're all pirates because everybody knows what my first question is going to be.... "Who's you're dealer?"

BTW, thanks again Glenn for respecting my work. I'm very grateful.

I think what happens a lot is people jump into MC or other softwares not doing their homework. The dealer doesn't tell their customers about these extra cost because they don't want to scare them away. The dealers should let them know up front if they need a custom post and what the cost are.

I haven't had any problems with my MC dealer. Between you forum ACES and my dealer I've been able to tweak out all my posts.

[ 12-27-2002, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: OPPIZ ]

I'd like to add my two cents worth. I agree with everyone here. There is a lot of worth in a decent working post, and Mastercam is generous enough to provide so many on the installation CD.

I've had it time and time again on this forum, where someone will post a message asking for an Okuma post (my speciality) and wanting it to be able to do this and that etc. When I say its going to cost X amount, its funny how the poster always says "Oh, I'd pay that myself, but the boss wont. If you want to give it to me, thats great, but if you wont, I understand" Needless to say, I never send it. I've even been so kind as to ask nothing more than one or two of the Mastercam Training books off this site as payment, but no-one will even do that. So, to the point, where I dont even bother offering any of the posts I've spent my hard earned time developing, tweaking and testing (yes, everyone has been tested on the exact machines they've been tweaked for). Its truly frustrating, since people seem to place such a low value on the skills we have learned in the course of using the software. Thats goes the same for contract programming work. I've offered my services to people locally plenty of times before, and they always get enthusiastic, and then pull out at the last minute. I sometimes wonder why I stay in this industry. Sorry about the rant, but its been a bad week, and I wanted to let it out before Xmas day smile.gif

Anyway, James, you're right on the button. Now, what am I going to do for a living now? I might go and look up truck driving schools on the web...

BTW, Merry Xmas everyone

I generally stay away from these heated topics but I thought I'd add my .02.

James’ analogy, "Hey, my car needs gas too?" is off base. When a problem is brought forth to the manufacturers, they often recall the cars, rather than the dealers getting rich from the mistake. Not so with MC.

While I agree that the post-master deserves to make the living, I remember when I bought my first seat 10 years ago. The post I was using was riddled with problems. The post needed "fix-n" not "customizing".

The post-manual is not a how-to book, rather a reference manual, I was in way over my head and my dealer was good enough to help me iron out the bugs for free. A few years later, I took a post class, and can now "customize" or "modify" with some success.

<-- 2 cents, and a cleared conscious.

Sharing is ultimately what this forum is all about as far as I'm concern. But what I've realized in participating in these discussions is what we're sharing is knowledge, i.e. experience, not product. I actually indirectly bagged on my local dealer in a similar discussion a while back, and now, I full on regret doing so. It makes perfect sense to have to pay for posts, pay someone to edit posts, etc. And hats off to the guys that are really good at it. I've never heard of a software pirate not only creating a MasterCAM hack, but on top of it, creating a bunch of customized post's to go along with it! Like said above, that's where the talent lies. All in all, everything that is shared with me on this site is an added bonus, and what isn't... I didn't have to begin with, so why should I be wining about it.

Merry Christmas!

Wow!

Been away for awhile and now that I'm back the first two topics I've really checked out turn out to be testosterone-filled bashfests! Rock on! 'tis the season to be jolly? I guess not! I've already weighed in on this a couple of times here (I seem to recall that I was at odds with most of the post-writers) but I guess it all comes down to what the market will bear.

Everybody have a couple of cool ones tonite! cheers.gif