Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T playoff picture

Toolfab

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, no more cheeseheads in the way. Just kidding wink.gif

I'd be even more impressed than I already am with Oakland if Gannon can keep tossing his short-passes over everyone's head before finally airing one out. Then again, the Jets are peaking at the right time of year. It'll be interesting to see how it will all play out.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I watched the SF/Giants game. Yeah, the officiating had something to be desired, BUT pissing away a 24 point lead, come on.... had the Giants Defense actually played football in the 4th Quarter, they would've still been in the playoffs. There's lots of blame to go around. Giants could start with that AHole of a player that was taunting the SF players pointing at the scoreboard, getting in their face and all. Totally unprofessional. Yeah trash talk is part of the game but, there's a point where it gets to be too much and he crossed that point. You NEVER want to give somebody a reason to beat you, Giants gave SF a reason to come back and start playing ball. BTW I don't like Pro Football, and I despise all things San Francisco. The Giants deserved to loose that game plain and simple.

My Team did well though University of Southern California (a.k.a. USC). I think they could've taken Miami or Ohio for the National Championship without too much of a problem.

JM2C

Looking forward to the Jet's cleaning the Raiders clock. Tampa and San Fran will be an interesting one.

Giants could start with that AHole of a player that was taunting the SF players pointing at the scoreboard, getting in their face and all.

Mike Strahan, Giants D.

Its been a crazy playoff so far. Who could have thought Farve could loose on the tundra, that a Giant's holder has no idea what to do with a bad snap or the Jets could soar.

We all knew the Browns could find a way rolleyes.gif

As a Patriots fan, I saw first hand how good the Jets can be. They kicked our a$$, week 15, in our own house. Still, I'm just happy to knock Miami out of the playoffs, week 16.

James,

Speaking of College Bowls, how about that Fiesta Bowl? I for one am glad of the final outcome but was disappointed that OSU didn't score more points in the second half. They were practically daring Miami to blow them away in the 4th quarter, the way they've done in almost all of their games this past season. OSU got a break in the first OT with that pass interference call. The defense really did a fantastic job though when push came to shove. HAH! Someone finally put Miami in their place and OSU was the team to do it. GO BUCKEYES!!

Hey Surface, the Giants kicker did the best he could, except for the missed field goals. This is the official rule on the spiking of the ball.

"Allen did not have the option of spiking the ball to stop the clock, which only can be done by taking a hand-to-hand snap directly from the center. If Allen had spiked the ball, it would have been a penalty for intentionally grounding the ball and the game would have ended due to a 10-second runoff of the clock."

quote:

Yay, no more cheeseheads in the way. Just kidding

Hey I resent that remark.........j/k At least I didn't see alot of green&gold ZUBA'S in the stands biggrin.gif . The Jets seem to be REALLY HOT right now. That Pennington kid has got a hell of a touch on the ball. Being a Packer fan I hate S.F. & Tampa, so that game is tough. This weekened should be a great two days of football!

James,James,James,

What have you been smoking my friend?lol

USC was lucky to win that game.

If Iowa would have played like they did all season,USC would've had a very tough time winning.

In fact I think that Iowa would have won by two scores.

As for the national championship.....no way could they have matched up against either OSU or Miami.

I am a Michigan fan,and that Fiesta bowl was the best game I have seen in a very long time.

And,of course being a Michigan fan,I wanted Miami to win,but I am happy that the Big Ten won at least.

cheers.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gif

Jeff,

It's nice to hear a Michigan fan that feels like I do,a lifetime buckeyes fan.Once the bowl games start it's GO BIG TEN.The PAC-10 is almost a mid-major conference,1 pretty good team,and alot of teams with inflated records.The big ten and the big 12 are year in and year out 2 of the toughest in the country, the others have good teams,even the best team from time to time, but not the consistentcy of the big ten or big 12.

Tressel for Governor!

Thom,

I agree with you.

BUT,I think all Buckeye fans should thank the referree for that "pass interference" call that made the Buckeyes win.

Don't get me wrong,I want the Big Ten to win every bowl game except one.

GO BLUE BABY!!!!

Navarre for....????Hmmm can't think of anything he'd be good at except letting the defensive line get more batted balls to their credit.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Toolfab,

It's good to see another Cheesehead on the board.

Like many others, I was in total disbelief and denial Sat. night. The team was in good spirits the last couple days though, and it sounds like some veterans are going to make a sacrafice and come back next year. You didn't really think #4 was done, did you? Maybe if the Pack could have seen SanFran's come back they could have been inspired to do the same. OR NOT.

Now that I have faced reality I guess I am looking forward to a duel between the Jets and Raiders. I HATE Tampa and the Eagle luck will run out. It is the KISS OF DEATH to start McNabb.

I am addicted to football, but how do I get Taglibue's job. That guy has got to go.

I am having a minor surgery Friday and I have been instructed to rest ALL weekend. YEAH BABY. Nothing but a couch, my new TV and a few beers to ease the pain. I couldn't have planned it better.

My hats off to Jets fans, you have one heck of a kid at the controls.

God I love football.

Did I see a post from a Cowboys fan??...I feel so sorry for you man. The big Tuna is only one piece to that very large, messed up puzzle they've got.

Good topic, or Off topic.

Later,

ScottyB.

Thank you SottyB, I was begining to fell like the only Packer fan in here!

quote:

You didn't really think #4 was done

rolleyes.gif

Not a chance in hell. He is to hungry to get another ring. If we could just get an Offensive Cord. that would call some decent plays and not always put the team behind the 8ball after the half we probably could have gotten home-field-adv. If we got some decent play calling and get rid-of Frank (the worst coach in history) Novak biggrin.gif we should look like the team to beat again in '03. Aaaahhh what a great 12 years it has been for Packer fans though.... cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Did you locate to CA from somewhere else or just have a general dis-taste for pro football.

I'm a 5th generation native Californian - VERY rare. You nailed it though, I do have a general distaste for Pro-Football. I prefer College athletics where the kids are more interested in getting to the show than showing up in their suits and briefcases. By and large Pro Athletetes are a bunch of crying babies whining about every little thing. Sorry but I don't cry for the financial woes of the top 2% of wage earners that get paid for playing a GAME! If they can't live on their millions then let 'em sleep on park benches for all I care. While the rest of us in this country are pretty much living pay check to pay check, they're crying about millions. Am I bitter? Hell no! I'm glad that they are living the dream of millions of kids and grownups alike, geting paid a good living for playing a GAME, I just wish they would show some gratitude that's all. Until I start seeing some gratitude from these winer babies, they'll get no respect from me.

quote:

USC was lucky to win that game.

Yeah friggin right! SC has done nothing but improve each and every game. There's a reason that the Heisman lives at SC this year and not in Iowa and we saw the reason in that game crushing defense and overpowering offense. Banks could not come up big when it counted and his line let him down. The only reason the score was not even more lopsided is because SC LET them score that last TD. There were defenders right there ready to clean that guy's clock but they let good sportsmanship prevail and let Iowa feel good about themselves for a drive or two. My prediction is that SC will be in the hunt for a National Championship in two seasons. Next season we'll probably end up 9-3 with a new QB and a couple of linemen (O and D) to replace will take them a bit to get back into the swing of things.

JM2C

[ 01-08-2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]