Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T The saddest day in Israel

Elad

We are tired!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hearing people saying that we are cursed nation.....

We are tired that everything with this nation always connected to tagedy and sadness.

In this day we are crying for our American friends,who gave us the opportunity to take a part of the one of the most biggest things in the world-the space program,and we are crying for our Ilan Ramon,and we thank him for giving us the opportunity to be happy and to smile at one of hardest times in Israel.

this day,America and Israel are one! frown.gif

[ 02-01-2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: elad ]

My deepest sympathy goes out to the American and Israeli people this day. Special sadness to the families of all the astronauts waiting in florida for the landing. How horrible the news must have been to be told their loved ones were not coming home frown.gif .

Our scout troop is spending the night at the observatory looking into the sky tonight. The program will be altered for sure.

Canada mourns this loss.

Phil

[ 02-01-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: PhilCott ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

frown.gif Elad, my condolences to your countrymen and women.

I think tend to forget that Space Exploration is extremely dangerous. Shuttle Missions have become so "commonplace" that most launches are not even covered anymore.

This particular mission was very newsworthy though, Israel's first Astronaut, one of the first African-American Astronauts, and a woman who was born in India. Very courageous individuals. All in their 40's most all have children, and each one of them extrordinary in their own way. Very tragic that those inspirations to us all will not be returning to their families, ever

My son and I were fortunate enough to have seen the Columbia up close and personal while it was being retrofitted in Palmdale a couple of years back. It was an amazing machine. I'm hoping that they will be able to find the cause of this catastrophe so that we can inspect the other Shuttles.

Jim - you hit the nail right on the ol head - We have began to take space travel for granted and forget how complex and dangerous it really is. The entire Space Program endowed everyone with tremendous benefits, and I salute all the men and woman who made it possible.

I was working at McDonnell Douglas for the early shuttle flights; working on the PAM program and got to meet Sally Ride for STS 5. We would all crowd down in the 'war room' listening to the communications, and breath a sigh of relief when every thing went well.

It was so horrible when the Challenger was lost.

I remember my Dad sitting up all night and watching the Saturn / Apollo launches. He was working at Huntington Beach (MDAC) on the Titan program (Aerospace Engineer). I guess I'm just second generation.

Our hearts go out to all mankind in this time of tragedy. The families left behind are the ones I grieve for.

Kathy

To all,

The catastrophe of the space shuttle this morning is a terrible event.

Starfleet salutes all of the astronauts that perished in this tragedy and the many good people of NASA suffering with this loss, especially the families of all concerned.

Their names are:

Rick D. Husband

William C. McCool

Michael P. Anderson

Kalpana Chawla

David M. Brown

Laurel B. Clark

Ilan Ramon

Who among us cannot relate to wanting to be an astronaut as a child? It doesn't really matter what nationality or culture from whence they come?

I wish to take a moment of silence and reflection to those suffering on this night and wish to leave you with this one last thought.

Entertainer Dan Hill said it best years ago in a song titled “Hold On”

You’ve got to hold on, to what you believe in.

Hold on, don’t let it fade.

Still you’ve got to be strong, find yourself believing.

No one changed the world, in just one day.

You’ve got to hold on for yourself, or else you fail,

You’ve got to hold on for yourself, or else you fail.

My thoughts at this very moment are both of sadness and of joy – thank you to those that have sacrificed their very lives to improve on humanity and our sense of adventure – your loss will somehow strengthen our conviction to make this world a better place; The joy for me, is the child, in all of us, that will still pursue the dream of becoming an astronaut, after realizing this horrific tragedy.

To our future astronauts! God bless!

Regards, Jack

[ 02-02-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

This was one of the saddest days in my life!

I watched the TV and prayed for miracle may be they managed to resque but alas all in vain.

The brave people and the silly accident .

I beeng very secular man want to add my pray

for them :

They raised to the sky and they go to Heaven.

Let their soules rest in peace and let us remember them here on Earth.

AMEN.

And they showed the joy of our enimies!!!

Like we are not a whole mankind in such a sad day.

The act of pure hate!

[ 02-02-2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

I have to agree it is a huge tragedy,but if someone were to ask me to go to space today I without a doubt would take the chance.

It is very sad but the shuttle had 113 flawless previous missions,we taken for granted the next one wouldnt be the bad one.113 missions at speeds well over 12,000 miles an hour I hate to say it

but eventually something is bound to go wrong.this shuttle I believe was originally built

in 1980 or around that time.It was an amazing machine here in the northeast NASA isnt a popular word because we have no aerospace manufacturing

companies maybe far and few between no one I know

has ever seen a craft worthy of space travel.

My deepest condolences to everyone. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif