Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Users from Ver 6 to 9

ricky_fire

I took the leap from V5.5 to Router V9. However V9 isn't out yet, so I have MCV8.1 for a while. We had V6 but I used it for about a week and went back to 5.5.

We are a cabinet shop and MC was not wood friendly in recent versions (No offense). But they seem to be coming around to wood again, so I jumped back into the game.

I can list many packages that have died in the last few years. It is good to see MC is deeply rooted and growing.

I look forward from learning from you. I have to admit, I thought I was pretty good, but some of you guys blow me away. It's like going to a job interview and getting a bunch of lingo thrown at you that makes you realize..."I don't have a clue".

Later,

ScottyB.

Wow! It has been just 24 hours since I started this topic.

And when I come back what do I see

This topic is on Fire

Have been using Mastercam from the past 6 years

and I can confidently say This is one hell of a Cad/Cam software.The Nc Machining is absolutely brilliant.Version 9sp1 is a blessing and I am sure Version 10 will be a blast.

So this topic has shown us some Rookies,some Experienced Guys and Many Legends.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The more I learn, the more I learn I don't know. Seriously. I think teaching has given me a great perspective on things. The students are great at looking at things in a vastly different perspective from mine sometimes and that is great.

• 4 weeks later...

Started with v3.21 and haven't missed an upgrade since. The most significant versions in my opinion:

3.21 - A solid DOS platform. 3D toolpaths were tough, put Mastercam on the map.

5.51 - a debugged v5.0 which introduced the windows GUI

6.0 - really solid - few bugs - the final hoorah before introducing solids and associativity

8.0 - most of you are familiar with this one. At its fully patched latest revision v8 is outstanding. Solids, associativity, etc. made a profound impact on how we use Mastercam. Made a lot of money with this one. Current versions are the result of continuous improvement and evolutionary changes to this version.

Does it count if I remember turning V6 on at another shop and messing with it, having a pipe dream that someday, somehow, my boss would fork out the cash frown.gif

Probably not.

I guess I'm a rookie, just from 8 'til now.

Hats off to you guys! Thanks for keeping the software alive, if it wasn't for the demand, we'd all probably be stuck using Gibbs right now! (Just a joke, nothing against Gibbs, or any other software for that matter.)