Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did you make this week? 4-11-03

Keith Graydon

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I machined grid patterns on some spacer plates and fixture plates for our new Mori Seiki Linear Pallet Pool.

Next week I'll be machining our new tombstones. biggrin.gif

I spent the past 5 days with (2) FANUC tech's installing a renishaw probe on our VMC so we can

use some custom macro's on one of our products.

Needless to say that it is still not finished due to the fact that 1 of the gentleman (John Mahoney)

ended up having a heart attack and has been in CCU

for the past 2 days.

Did I also forget to mention that we had a 4 day

ISO audit as well? cheers.gif

Hmm..lets see..

This week I made a buck for forming an acoustic guitar back, a small clip for a radiation detector that you clip on your shirt, machined thermoformed and trimmed some clear packages for a shower head, yesterday I modeled a thermoform package for an electric shaver and today I'm toolpathing and machining it. Is it the weekend yet???? cheers.gifcool.gif

B.U.M.A.

Microwave Antenna Housings and Heatsinks out of the (no offense intended) crappiest Chinese castings I've ever seen. Pits in the wave guides after they're machined, and yesterday found a piece or carbide in one. (Well, the endmill found it, and wasn't all that happy about it...) These are running 5 operations on 3 machines.

Also making a couple different Comanche microwave parts on the other 2 machines.

'Rekd teh "No! That mop WILL NOT fit next to the broom!!! eek.gif

[ 04-11-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I was wrestling with my first ever lathe program,not an easy one either, metric prints and unilateral dimensioning, AND the part was in thirds, clamped together .....luckily i was working with a lathe set-up guy that has been setting them up since the first nc lathe was built smile.gif

[ 04-11-2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: specv ]