Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9.1

robk

Just installed V9.1--a couple of hours later I uninstalled it and reinstalled V9.0sp1...It took over one minute just to open up my operation library,and that was my first problem. I didn't hang around to find any more.

Rob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed V9.1 over V9-SP1 yesterday.

So far I have not had any trouble at all.

Verify is MUCH faster than V9 and V9.1b3.

My only complaint to date is Verify is waterfalling some of my STL models now.

It pops up with message about holes in the STL file and waterfalls the model. In V9 and V9.1b3

they came in OK. I'm guessing Verify needs better models to accomidate the increased speed???

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

It took over one minute just to open up my operation library,and that was my first problem. I didn't hang around to find any more.

Well how about a little contructive detail pal! With an awful description like that, what did you expect?

How about something like "I just installed Version 9.1, I had a problem with my tool library. It seemed to tak over 1 minute. I installed it to another location, copied my tool library to to the new location..."

How about something like that? Perhaps THEN you may get a desired response.

OUT!

I feel sorry for some of the people that come in here, and end up with a roasting from some members (most of them senior), for not posting the way a posting "should" be. I'm sure it frightens some of them off. I know I think twice about posting something nowadays.

Certainly, some requests can be blunt, and to the point, but then, a lot of people are new to this kind of medium, plus maybe some impending deadlines might produce a bit of a short fuse, and as a result, a brief, rather than a detailed, description. I know I've been guilty of it in the past.

Just my two cents worth.

You know what would be interesting? If you were able to subtract the smart*** "sounds like operator error" type messages given by some of the members here from the total messages logged, and have a useful message count instead. You know, the kind that are actually helpful, rather than the kind designed to increase ones own sense of personal superiority. I'm thinking there would be far fewer avatars in this forum....Oh well, there is still a lot of useful info to be had here. If a new person sticks around long enough to learn who to read and who to ignore. Think, in a perfect world, how much better it would be if people could converse openly without the fear of receiving this kind of reply. I guess what's really surprising to me is that it's really so easy to not post a message. I think it's telling that some people just can't pass up an opportunity to belittle somebody else.

JM2C

Smit

To increase the speed in retrieving operations or tools from your libraries, you may want try the following...

Because operation, tool and material libraries are really just regular Mastercam files, just rename the file extension to ".mc9" in Windows explorer and call up the file just like any other in Mastercam with a file/get. Resave the file and then restore the file extension (".op9" for operation libraries). Maybe there's some kind of update that occurs going from version 9.0 to version 9.1

Maybe...

The other thing that I have found is the location of your .TL9 file has alot to do with it. Make sure that your tool library is located on YOUR local hard drive. If you have created your own .TL9 file and saved it on a server, or a remote location it will take a little longer to retrieve it. HTH

cheers.gif

Thanks Anos for your expertise, I did not know that the TL9 and OP9 were just MC9 files. It will really help me edit my operation and tools.

Me guess me so simple me barley walk and scratch xxxx at same time.

The tool list is still taking a longer time to open, I will try to go in and clear some clutter.

Thanks again

John

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Certainly, some requests can be blunt, and to the point, but then, a lot of people are new to this kind of medium, plus maybe some impending deadlines might produce a bit of a short fuse, and as a result, a brief, rather than a detailed, description.

How then are we help the guy out? Some detail is required. Not necessarily the minutae of each mouse click but SOMETIHNG would be nice. Even this would be better;

"Installed 9.1. Sucks. Takes forever to open tool library. Installed on network. Any ideas?"

Many fewer words than his post, and more to the point.

JM2C

quote:

Aren't we here to share ideas & help each other out?

Yes, we're here to share and help, unless someone comes in like it's all MC's fault and starts the post off with a flame to the whole community. You've got a great resource here, and bashing MC isn't the way to use it.

quote:

How about some constructive advise?

I have some great advice... Be careful how you post here. It's a very tight-knit community where respect is earned, not handed out like the memberships to this forum are. Lemme give you a for-instance; If you come to me for help and start off by bashing me because you failed to RTFM, RTFFAQ, use common sense, or any other reason that shows a blatent lack of research and/or respect, then I'm gonna get defensive. If you wanna be ignorant, that's fine. But if you're gonna be stupid, you might not like the reactions you get.

quote:

I feel sorry for some of the people that come in here, and end up with a roasting from some members (most of them senior), for not posting the way a posting "should" be.

I only feel sorry for them if they don't learn that, just like ANY OTHER MEDIUM, you get more with sugar than you do with salt.

quote:

Think, in a perfect world, how much better it would be if people could converse openly without the fear of receiving this kind of reply.

Lol. Considering you get more help here, (when you post with, um, you know... RESPECT), than you get from any other 'FREE' resource that I know of, it's a lot closer to perfect than you may think.

You should all realize that there hasn't been one instance that I've seen in the OVER 2 YEARS I've been a member here, that a person HAS NOT been helped, or in worst case, told there's no solution, to a problem they had, if they posted with just a little bit of respect.

'Rekd teh "Stupidity may not be painful, but it sure can hinder you from getting the help you seek.."

I have noticed a slight "lag" when I file-get. It was not there with V9b3. All surfaces/solids are not shaded when retrieving either. I did a fresh install, cleaned my computer, etc... I don't see this as a major problem though. Most of my files are rather large.

I have not sent this back to CNC yet, because I am an admitted slacker eek.gif . With that said Rekd, please don't "flame" me, because "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."

Oh, and tell the wife & kid I said hola.

quote:

"Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."

Oh, and tell the wife & kid I said hola.

Don't threaten me with a good time, mister!

'Sides, I've seen you angry, it's funny the way your ears spread out and your face gets all red.

Mattie stopped by this weekend. He might actually go camping with us next month. (Now that he's not getting owned by Brooke any more. ) eek.gif

'Rekd teh "I wear the pants in my family. And I have my wife's permission to say so!"

Smit I will ask is this comment ment for me?

quote:

You know what would be interesting? If you were able to subtract the smart*** "sounds like operator error" type messages given by some of the members here from the total messages logged, and have a useful message count instead. You know, the kind that are actually helpful, rather than the kind designed to increase ones own sense of personal superiority. I'm thinking there would be far fewer avatars in this forum....Oh well, there is still a lot of useful info to be had here. If a new person sticks around long enough to learn who to read and who to ignore. Think, in a perfect world, how much better it would be if people could converse openly without the fear of receiving this kind of reply. I guess what's really surprising to me is that it's really so easy to not post a message. I think it's telling that some people just can't pass up an opportunity to belittle somebody else.

come on smit you must have been in this trade long enough to know that with all the perfectionist in this buisness you will get some of this constuctive critisim its all good i enjoy the occational rip here and there give some get some it what keeps me coming back to read more after ive learned something i come back for the laughs even if its at my expence cheers.gif

Jay, that comment was prolly meant for me.

Tony, I always install to a new directory until I get all the bugs worked out/around. Once I get everything sorted out, I move my configs/libraries to the new folders, change my paths, and I'm off.

One more thing I was going to mention to everyone who is complaining instead of informing about bugs.. Since most are programmers, and most have others running your programs... how do you feel when one of your operators/setup guys come to you yelling about how lame you are because you can't get a simple program right?

CNC programing is a walk in the park compared to Computer Programming. There's gonna be bugs. Deal with it. Report it. Work around it. But don't bash the coders for it. They make mistakes just like you.

And do you feel like accomidating that individual?

Hardly. But you do it because you have to. It's your job.

This forum doesn't have to be here. We don't have to help you. We do it because we CAN. So show some respect.

'Rekd teh "We will no longer be offering FREE SERVICES due to the number of complaints about FREE SERVICES."

[ 04-14-2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Jay,

That comment was certainly not meant for you. You have been nothing short of professional and reasonable in each and every one of your posts, even when tensions run high.

Machingmaster: I don't mind good-natured banter, but I don't see how this can be interpreted as either good natured or constructive. I have been in this trade a while, and have an idea of what professionalism is. Also what it isn't.