Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Muscle Cars

Noel

I've read alot of members talking about their bikes and was wondering if any of the members were into 60s or 70s era muscle cars. I've owned a 1970 442 W30 since I was 18. I'm 37 now and still have it(My wife is very undestanding). I am currently doing a frame off restoration and hope to be back on the road by next summer.Some times wonder why I started the resto in the first place as it's been 2 years already with no end in site. Lets here if anyone else in the group is into muscle cars.

cheers.gif Noel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car

Definitely some of us into cars

My only 'muscle' ride (other than my 1984 Trans Am [dog!] and my 2001 Z28) was a 1968 C10 Chevrolet Stepside pickup which was lowered and packed a relatively mild (350 HP) 350, a Turbo 400, and a 12-bolt. Sold that one while I was in the Marine Corps and haven't had time or $$ for another one since.

Almost bought my buddy's '68 Chevelle a couple years ago but it needed WAY too much help and I don't have a garage for it.

After the house, maybe another toy car...

C

I have owned a few Cutlass's I tend to favor the 81-84 cutz, montes, regals, and grand prix, the gm g bodys.However I have a passion for 70-72

Chevelles.And a couple years of Nova.Maybe someday when I grow up I will restore something I would like to my wife isnt understanding when it comes to cars.

[ 06-10-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: mold100 ]

Kind-of ironic that this thread came up today. I was trying to convince my wife last night to let me buy a 1970 OLDS 442. The body is tight, real tight, but the guy hasnt done anything to the motor???? Strange????? So today I will continue to talk her into and see if I can get any farther.

You've got enough stuff to do around here, you dont need another toy!!

SHEESH the nerve of some people!

cheers.gif

I had a 1965 GTO 389 with tri power & possy, it went fast but it couldn't turn or stop for $$hit.

When I went to race someone My passenger would have to hold the tape in the player or it would eject on take off, as well as anything else on the dash would be in the back seat.

I had a 1967 440 GTX , it was bored out to about to about a 451 by E.W. Barton Machine. It was pail yellow with two thin black strips from front to rear, it was lowered and had wide stock car looking tires all around it weighed about 400 lbs.

It was a Machine,I was 20.

Have you ever heard the Kathy Mattee song

"Mr. Smith had an oldsmobile"

[ 06-10-2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

quote:

So today I will continue to talk her into and see if I can get any farther.

Hey Toolfab

Don't take no for an answer.May the force be with you. What options does the car have ie. ram air hood,motor etc.

cheers.gif Noel

You guys have GOT to be kidding me.. Permission? LOL!! *smack* Ouchies..

(Just kidding.. sorry) tongue.gif

I've been married for almost 10 years. My wife gave up trying to train me 4 years ago. She had a '70 Nova with a 400 small block. It would keep up with my FZR for the first 1/16-1/8 mile. And she drove it like a banshee.

If I wanted to get a car the only thing she'd let me get is prolly a 68 convertable camaro. Then she'd have her arse in it most of the time, so it wouldn't be 'mine' anyway.

'Rekd teh I'd rather have my wife playing with my toys instead of telling me I can't have my toys. biggrin.gif

Years ago I had a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang that I sold to buy my current toy. It is a 1965 Mustang coupe with a Boss 351 engine, top loader trans , 3.91 rear gears etc, etc. It puts out an honest 285 hp at the rear wheels as measured at the rear wheels.

It's set up like a road race car and is somewhat street legal. I'm currently installing 4 piston disc brakes all around

I had a 84 GT mustang with T tops (New)

not much of a classic.

My favorite past time with it was

to get it Moving in reverse then dump it

1st while cranking the wheel left and right.

So when you see those Burns all squigly on every Frontage road in America....

It could have been Me biggrin.gif

Some day I'll pick up a Grand National /T type ?

(That all black one) There are a ton of them Hoarded away in peoples Garages Waiting

For The owners wife to say SELL IT, I want furniture or something.

[ 06-10-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Tony ]

Hey Kevin

Very coincidentally, my partner in crime here and his brother (a setup guy here) were down at the Factory Five plant on Saturday for their open house and were very impressed by the frames for the cars. They said the bodies looked like they'd need some serious prep work, though.

They are looking at the roadster to build, also with a stroker (a 351W stroker actually, not a 302).

C

quote:

I've been married for almost 10 years. My wife gave up trying to train me 4 years ago.

LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I stopped cutting the grass (cause it is such a senceless chore)and my wife is too cheap (ok...money concious)to pay someone to do it.

So one day the 18 yr. old kid across the street comes over as she is out there mowing and asks me "How do you train them to do that"? smile.gif

I told him to never give in! biggrin.gif

And yes Rekd,

I don't know why they can even think they can change a man.

I owned a 70 fastback Mustang with a 351 Cleavand

big block and a factory shaker hood scoop.

I ported the heads and installed a cam and

Hooker headers. I knew most of the cops in Oceanside by their first name tongue.gif

I drive a 2003 Z350 now and don't even change my own oil frown.gif

LOL, Bucket!

I'm lucky, a friend of ours loves doing gardening and working in the yard. He lives at his sister's house, who also loves doing that stuff, so he doesn't get to do it at his house. So we made an agreement, he does our front and back lawns, and he can bring his kid over to swim any time he wants.

'Rekd teh WTH is a lawn mower?

[ 06-10-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I all ways had Alfa Romeos or volkswagons. But my freinds...Bobby (dingbat) had'56 Chevy Bel Air 350ci 2.02 heads, automatic, posi, tuck and roll. very fast cruiser. And a Stock CHERRY 1964 Chevy Impala 409 SS. Unbelievable. slow off the line but buckets of torque. would pull all day. Greg (best buddy) had a '66 GMC van. oh baby what a chick magnet ( wink.gif Kathy, Kathy) same 350 as above, automatic, posi. would pull front wheels when it had 3 on the tree and a 327. Trans didnt last long 'tho biggrin.gif I could go on. '69 chevelle SS 496. 426 Pinto...... I allways wanted a 426 hemi 'cuda for some reason wink.gif

Just to be included:

1970 Mercury Cougar. Built 351W. 32,000 original miles. Original leather, original top. I scored from a guy who bought it from the original owner (the little old lady story). Anyhow's he bought it for his daughter who thought it was ugly so she never drove it! I picked it up, hot rodded what I could with out ruining it's "vintageness", and never drive it so I don't ruin it! What a waste of space in the garage!

Got a 73 'Cuda lost deep in restoration with no place to work on it. The wife and I wanted to get out of the rent situation and we bought a condo (with no garage). Now my Cuda is 3/4 complete sitting over at my dad's house. Decked 340 with the hi-flow heads, drop forged TRWs, titanium push rods, Hays racing clutch, purple stick Direct Conection cam, Cloye triple roller timing chain, TA close ratio steering box, Hurst short throw pistol grip shifter, body work done, engine compartment painted, (stock honey gold yellow), rust under vinyl top eliminated and the body is primered. Needs paint, upholstry, headliner, new bushings in susp and want to ace the American daisies for Centerlines. Need time, money and a garage... for now it just collects value.

Had a 70 Chevelle when I was a senior in high school. Rebuilt the turbo 350 for my senior project, well I actually ended up rebuilding it 3x and put in a stage 3 shift kit. Used to love it, chicks dug the back seat.... Would love to get into open wheeled roadsters.

Jeremiah

Kevin

How far into this are you? Perhaps you and the guy here should rap about your plans. I think they're looking at a junkyard block with a stroker kit and Air Flow Research heads; thinking about 450HP at the crank without turning any serious RPM.

Please email me if you have any desire to BS about this with the guy here; like I said, they are very serious about this.

C

My first car was a 67' 327 Camero! Boy, was that thing faaaaaaaaaast and fun!. Drove it like 'Thelma and Louise'!

Had a couple of other Cameros until I got married, a couple of kids later and a Camero just wasn't pratical for this mobile Mom. (I couldn't even get an ice chest in the truck; no room at all. Then throw in transporting a couple of dogs too). Sold my last Camero to an 18 year old kid who thought he had died and gone to heaven.

Kathy

Just go down, hang around Tustin, Ca and ask about 'Camero Kathy'.

cool.gif