Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PHANTOM LINES

TERRYH

when creating temporary geometry, or curves and deleting them they never actually go away sometimes they disapear till I move or rotate my part and other times they are still visable but you can't select them. I find myself running the ram saver alot to get ride of this stuff why is this happening? There are other programers here that have the same issues and are constantly running the ram saver. Also sometimes I find certian things like the xform translate not working unless I run the ram saver before I do it. we are running MCX4 with MU3.

Dude. This has been a problem since V8 get used to it. It ain't going away. Scroll to refresh and save a lot. That's the world of Mastercam.

J

Only a problem without the proper hardware, ditch the Commodore64

and your problem will be solved. ;)

PEACE :D

Dude. This has been a problem since V8 get used to it. It ain't going away. Scroll to refresh and save a lot. That's the world of Mastercam.

I don't have any of those problems.

If you really want to solve an issue, all you really have to do is read this website and ask a few questions. I've always found everyone around here very helpful and receptive, and Mastercam is a pretty solid tool when you know how to approach it.

Check out this thread:

www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=59011

Good luck.

when creating temporary geometry, or curves and deleting them they never actually go away sometimes they disapear till I move or rotate my part and other times they are still visable but you can't select them. I find myself running the ram saver alot to get ride of this stuff why is this happening? There are other programers here that have the same issues and are constantly running the ram saver. Also sometimes I find certian things like the xform translate not working unless I run the ram saver before I do it. we are running MCX4 with MU3.

This happens to me 3 times a week and the only thing that fixes it is to shut down MC and restart.

X5 MU1, Mill 3 Solids

Dell Precision T5400

Intel Xeon Dual Quad Core X5450 @3.00GHz

Windows XP Professional x64

32.0 GB of RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

This has to be a video setting

I'm running machines with 3 or 4 different models of Quadro, Quadro FX and GeoForce gaming cards

and don't see anything like this.

The last time I saw symptoms like this was trying to get X2 running on a cheap laptop with on board Intel video

I think the quickest way to determine if it is a settings issue is to disable the Desktop composition.

Right click on the Mastercam Launching Icon >> Properties Compatibility tab >> check the Disable Desktop composition >> Apply and relaunch Mastercam, see if it still behaves the same way.

The other suggestion would be hit the Solidworks website, find the certified driver for your card, install that, see if that helps. Many have found a good result with that option.

If this stuff doesn't work, I'd be interested in knowing the maker of those computers.

As one who builds system, hardware that fits doesn't always work well with other hardware.