Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 ready for download again?

FTI2007

It appears the file version and file size is exactly the same as it was in late November. I'm wondering if we must install this and then install a patch soon after to fix the issues. A patch would be nice since I wouldn't have to uninstall X6 on the few seats we have.

Do you guys think that .MCX-6 files that I have been creating will become a problem bringing them into the new install of X6? I have been using the old X6 all along even though there are know problems but have been able to simulate code with Vericut.

There shouldn't be any problems..

If you have any HS Rest Rough tool paths done in an old X6 version, they might warrant a review.

The Rest rough issue only caused problems if you had entry and exit arcs set to zero and that issue has been adressed

in this download.

Complete uninstall, then reinstall reccommended?

This is from the "info" button on the download page

This install is designed to run as a standalone product independent of any other version of Mastercam. All previous version of Mastercam X6 must be uninstalled prior to running this installation. To uninstall Mastercam X6, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP) and select Remove next to the Mastercam X6 icon.

Do you guys think that .MCX-6 files that I have been creating will become a problem bringing them into the new install of X6? I have been using the old X6 all along even though there are know problems but have been able to simulate code with Vericut.

I wouldn't expect it to hurt your MCX-6 files. You might get a notice of data path changes but no corruption. I hope not anyway because I've been using X6 since November and have a few currently running projects.

What about configuration files ?

Can I transfer them?

If you're running X6 now, there is no need. The uninstall will not disturb your existing X6 config files

and the resinstall will use them without any intervention on your part.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled X6 a dozen times or more during the beta cycle without any config file problems.

It never hurts to back them up though..

If this is your first install of X6 there is a Migration utility ( See Files/MIgration Utility) that works pretty good for

migrating your X5 config files to X6

If you have the previous release of X6 15.0.3.28 you will need to uninstall it and then install the 15.0.4.3 version. There are no issues with previously created X6 files.

BenK, can you be more specific as to what issue with re-selecting lathe geometry? There was a fix to the Pick off, cut off feature where it was losing the point data on operations and that HAS been fixed.

one more..

Check out the Files page in the Operations Manager

Look at the Toolpath Directory path at the very top..

Does the path location exist, do you have Read/Write permission to the path's destination

as an experiment, try changing it to something like C:\junk

regen save and reopen and see if the file opens dirty.

is " Restore entire toolpath data, in File Open" checked ??

Yes it is checked.

As for the tool path directory it is too a file I have rights to.

This has happened on three different computers; two here and when I sent it to my reseller. At this point I can't use X6 because of all the lost time it has caused me. This should have never been released to the public until it was usable and at this point it is not.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing this issue on 4 different networked machines at my day job or the three machines

I have X6 installed on here at home. I don't have any idea what's wrong.

Did you try changing your NCI path to somewhere on a local drive, out side of your user folders

My thinking is that this is caused by network policies or restrictive file permission settings.

When you installed, did you use default settings..?

Are "my mcamx6" and "shared mcamx6" in their default locations ?

I'm not trying to make excuses or say you've done something wrong, I'm saying I've never seen this

problem before.