Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

That will not happen. Powermill is very close to release their own.

That's what I heard too.

One thing that really impressed me about powermill was that there is no 3rd party toolpaths to it.

It's all developed by Delcam themselves, guess that's how they can get the updates and service packs out so quick.

That's what I heard too.

One thing that really impressed me about powermill was that there is no 3rd party toolpaths to it.

It's all developed by Delcam themselves, guess that's how they can get the updates and service packs out so quick.

Don't know that about Powermill, but all of their other products (partmaker, Artcam, etc. ) is software they purchased

Partmaker they brought the company and now it uses powermill developed toolpaths too (same as featurecam).

Artcam was always Delcam IIRC.

They don't license any toolpath technology from what I understand and are strongly opposed to it as they want to keep control for themselves.

Delcam wrote the book on 3D machining with DUCT and then PowerMill.

Everything else is building off the groundwork laid by Delcam in 3D Machining.

Hello CNC software????????????/

anyone reading this? hope so/ The boat is going adrift :coffee:

Man, CNC competitors are finding in this place an amusement park...

Instead of bad-mouthing the product themselves all they've got to say now is: "Check out their forum... Then give me a call..."

It's NOT cool to see a product that used to put food on my table get spanked like this...

It's time for CNC to shift the focus from heavy marketing actions to fix the product, come up with a responsive QA dept., a transparent bug fix process and listen to what beta testers are saying and reporting. It's time to be humble and say "We screwed it up and we have to fix it..."

The message these people are leaving here is simple and clear: Robust and stable is better than fancy and broken. People can put up with failures, but not with their neglecting. It's very simple, really.

• Like 1

I call mastercam, masterSCAM. its five years behind what i was doing. A copy of featurecam from 2006, before EGS got bought out is way better than MCX6.

5 years ? Buddy I was a Powermill/Powershape user for over 12 years before I had to take a Mastercam job, and I can tell you that MC is at least 10 years behind, if not more.

Stock model machining is a joke when compared to how PM does it, and the 3D paths are so clumsy it's not even funny. The only way MC out shines PM is in their 2D HSM paths. But to be honest, if you know what your doing in Powermill, then you can easily obtain very similar results for 2D work. And if anyone says that they prefer drilling in MC over PM, then I am willing to bet that they are lying.

• Like 1

X6

NC data paths switch back to default regardless if it is correct in the control def

Create a default machine group and its data path is wrong and you have

to reselect your .mmd beacause the data path is also back to default.

once you reselect it, it then shows the correct path from the control def???

PITA

Just like all other previous versions

It worked fine for 3 jobs and now is all squirrelly

why cant it just go to the file folder that the MC file was saved or opened in

like for starters?????? like Solid works, smurfcam......etc

Yeah some kind of acknowledgement about some of these issues would be nice. Like a "hey, we know there's a bunch of problems, thank you for sticking with us, we're working really hard to make things better so we don't become obsolete in 10yrs."

Mike

As a certified MC instructor, it gets harder for me to recommend MC to anyone anymore.

For standard production machining, I still love it.

Feature like importing operations from other MC files along with the defining geometry

are really powerful tools. I used this to create a feature library for every hydraulic port available.

Those MCX files are on the FTP site.

All the "Advanced" functionality needs work and then there is functionality that is non-existent that should be there.

I'm an unabashed MC fanboi but the time to correct all this has a very small window that gets smaller with each passing day.

The product managers at CNC have a lot to answer for.

Third time this happened, I get no "N" numbers in a posted program, have to go through MD into CD, pick NC output, uncheck the box for "output sequence numbers" then recheck it.

I have been using only 1 MD, CD, & post combination for a while now, and have had it set up correctly from the get go.... This machine will not accept programs without "N" numbers so when 2nd shift goes to load a program at 1:30 in the morning, ya egg on my face again, and it causes production to stop. realmad.gifrealmad.gifrealmad.gif (The only reason I'm still using X6 is that I started a few jobs when it came out & can't backsave).

What a stupid problem to have... X6 is making me look worse by the day lately. realmad.gif

Yes, I have ~ 10yrs experience programming with Mcam.

No, I can't give you sequence #'s everytime.

Suprised they haven't tossed me out the door. What a *****.

Going to cry a river.crybaby.gif

Ok, I'm over it thumbsup.gif

But seriously, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I'm down to the last 2 ops on the last 2 parts I prgmed with X6. I CANT BELIEVE THE TOOL OFFSET # ISSUE GOT SWEPT UNDER THE RUG.veryangry.gif

Waiting to get back to X5MU1 is almost as exciting as getting a new release!!! w00t.gif

If you change you Control Def through the Edit button in the OPS Manager,

that edit is for that MXC-6 file only.

If you start a new file those edits will not be there.

To make CD edits stick, you must go through Settings/Machine Def/Control Def,

then reload the machine def into the mcx-6 file you're working on..

and Yes.. sometimes it still won't stick.. this has been and issue for all

versions of X from the very beginning.