Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

As JP said they need t be bombarded with the same bug to get it

Fixed in a severity or high priority.

That is why I send them directly to QC and my re seller

AND post here so any one else who has encountered the

Same bug and send in the same info, on the same bug, that

Ppl post here so CNCmight actually increase our productivity and

fix all these bugs.

...... They all need

Fixing, or am I way off base here?

Rick - You're 100% correct in my opinion.

I think the biggest problem here is that CNC doesn't 'own' this forum. We very rarely talk to our reseller about problems, because all info and solutions can be found here.

So why would we bother our dealer when they're busy and the answers (or workarounds) are here?

We (users) are all directed here by our resellers, so we must asume this place has cnc's blessing.

But cnc only rarely comment on things.

It's like the enhancement forum - I feel it's a waste of time really as some of the guys in QC don't even have access to it (or even this site). I found this out when I sent in some enhancement requests, but I had assumed that as the suggestions were already in the enhancement forum, then CNC would be treating these already as enhancement requests.

And as this site is so big with so much info, I really feel the horse has bolted if cnc really want to build their own site for this kind of thing.

My understanding at least is severity and frequency are supposedly the biggest defining parameters.

Thus, when people ask on the forum if something is a bug it never gets submitted by that asking person and any other that may find it.

I "think" this could actually lead to the reported frequency of bugs to CNC being lower on some bugs than perhaps it should.

If CNC is not constantly monitoring this forum for threads like this then they are complete MORONS for ignoring the most valuable resource they have for getting feedback from their user base. In fact, I can't believe they are not reading....doesn't this site also host the beta forum???? Or are they blind to us mere non-testers?

• Like 1

Will anything change? Highly unlikely. History has a way of repeating itself.

I keep hearing rumors that they are pushing for X7 to release some time this summer. Is sounds to me like meeting this release cycle is more important to them than taking care of these issues.

If X7 is anywhere near as bad as X6 has been I fear that there will be Armageddon! ;)

I keep hearing rumors that they are pushing for X7 to release some time this summer. Is sounds to me like meeting this release cycle is more important to them than taking care of these issues.

If X7 is anywhere near as bad as X6 has been I fear that there will be Armageddon! ;)

Well I would think the hope is that if X7 was released this summer it would address all the outstanding issues, rather than just release a maintenance pack but still have the stigma of "X6 was a disaster" attached to it.

The Sh!tty part is look how long we are waiting for a Bug Patch!

So now if a Bug patch does not come out for X6...We geta buggy X7. By next Xmas we may see a

Bug patch for 7. ????

I LOSE A MINIMUM OF 1 HOUR A DAY OF WORKAROUNDS AND REBOOTING/RESTARTING!

X5 and X6

How many days till Xmas?

Maybe they can add an enhancement that tally's all the time lost, so you can

present that to your boss and see if it would pay for another software to add to our arsenal!

X6 is just X3²

My X6 install DVD's box just showed up in the mail.

I took out the new mouse pad, left the rest inside, and put the box away. :coffee:

I never, never, never install a new release until the bug b!tching calms down. It doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

I do want to thank those of you who have spoken up on the issues plaguing this release. I'm sorry for the frustrations you face, but thank you for helping others avoid the same headaches. For whatever "breakthroughs" CNC has hyped up on this version, it's not worth the downtime for the programming I do. I'm doing just fine with X5 MU1, and don't need any hiccups.

Right now, i only have to watch for tool numbers changing and height offsets not matching. I'll stick with just that problem.

Right now, i only have to watch for tool numbers changing and height offsets not matching. I'll stick with just that problem.

Those are still some pretty significant problems that can cause a whole lot of grief if your not careful.

Completely unacceptable for the self proclaimed leader in the CAM industry.

Of all the defaults available, why can't we default "offset #" to 0, not -1?

Thats nothing man!

I use Minimum distance check the 'Output feed move' and place 500. as a value

to replace the very common 10,000. that is in there by default

because

I changed it my control def in the "high speed tool paths" BUT!!!!

Like so many other things, THAT JUST WONT STICK!!!! This one DOES STICK!!

But just doesen't work!

just adding more wasted time to the equation.

Maybe I'll get a bonus at the end of the year, for knowing how much time I waste daily???:sleeping:

Incredible, when try to use macros in X6 64 bits W7, MC show this message:

Macros are unavailable

Due to UAC (User Access Control) restrictions, macros are not available on Vista and Windows 7 systems.

but it work fine in X5 and W7, the same pc, any idea about that.

I copy a scallop path and it is a finisher with 0 stock left on surfaces

I just reselect the containment bnd and the stock to leave on wall and floors

switch to .05????

It only seems t happen the first time you copy the path or import it.???

happened yesterday and Monday to me, I have never punch in .05 in those fields ever.

highest i enter is .03

yet another magical wonder of X6

I copy a scallop path and it is a finisher with 0 stock left on surfaces

I just reselect the containment bnd and the stock to leave on wall and floors

switch to .05????

It only seems t happen the first time you copy the path or import it.???

happened yesterday and Monday to me, I have never punch in .05 in those fields ever.

highest i enter is .03

That is the same problem I had with all of the Surface HST toolpaths.

I changed the stock to leave in the defaults to zero. I thinks this is helping.