Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

This is how dangerously ___________ this software is.

neurosis

This is just flat unbelievable. If I actually trusted this software to do what it was supposed to do I would have missed this. But since I KNOW BETTER and go through everything! I dont understand how something like this should even be possible!

I have a sh!t load of files that will have to be converted from type A to type C memory machines. Our diameter offsets will need to be changed from +30 to match the tool numbers. Is there an easy way to accomplish this without it some how biting me in the a$$?

Some of these files have literally 100's of operations.

in the post...

tldia$ = t$ + 30

done.

In this case it would be -30

Our machines are old and use +30 for the D. The new machines have more tools so even if I wanted to I couldnt leave them at +30. The D and H offsets need to match the tool number.

If I have to go through and regen every operation to get all of this fixed it is going to be a nightmare. You couldnt help but think that something this basic would not be such a hassle.

That's why I have alarms in all my posts......

I bet if you clicked on that tool again it would change to D32!

I had a file today if I renumbered the tools it would delete half of them from the op's manager. They still showed as being used but were not in the tool list any more :no

you have no idea how many times this has happened to me !

If I have to go through and regen every operation to get all of this fixed it is going to be a nightmare. You couldnt help but think that something this basic would not be such a hassle.

over the summer in 2011 i had 3 machines get switched, welcome to my world buddy !!!

its not just the d's you'll eventually get a h value,, do you use multiple tool planes for on the same tool, like for a hmc with a rotary b axis ??? its very fun!!! :no

Newbeee, I run DNC only, therefore a post alarm would

Suck if I sent a 14 hr tool path and the machine alarms out

At tool 2 because the buffer can only read a tiny portion ahead

In tool 1

Any chance you have a trick to get the software to find these

Juvenile errors before I post the code?

Otherwise this is one of a hundred reasons to go back to

X5!

I can't save back because of the x64 bit install I use.

So I will have to use x6 on the 12 files moulds I cut in x6

And just accept its failures until they eventually release

An mu1 , for those blessed with maintenance.

Going back to X5 will not help

this is not my reason,

did you miss the last 7 new bugs I reported in the last week and a half?

Lost 5 hours in work around's today!

Check Colins stock model thread , i know you have been busy dealing with your own bugs, but.........

i will limp through this last job in X6 but all new jobs I have no choice but

go back to X5, its slower but WAY more stable.

bet ya we get marked for feeding the troll......

this is not my reason,

did you miss the last 7 new bugs I reported in the last week and a half?

Lost 5 hours in work around's today!

Check Colins stock model thread , i know you have been busy dealing with your own bugs, but.........

i will limp through this last job in X6 but all new jobs I have no choice but

go back to X5, its slower but WAY more stable.

bet ya we get marked for feeding the troll......

You have no idea how much I wish that this topic could have been labeled "Wow! you would not believe how easy it was to change all of my diameter offsets over to fit our new machines!"

Yes, I have seen the bug list. You are apparently finding supposed recently fixed issues. Congratulations?

in the post...

tldia$ = t$ + 30

done.

Actually for this situation, it would be tldia$ = t$

that being said...it is bullsh1t that you have to force the post to do things that are specifically called out to do via the machine definition. Why have a machine def if it does not do what you tell it to do? (there is a SPECIFIC section where you can tell it to add ZERO or 30 or whatever to the tool number for a dia offset....Does not work AT ALL if you go from one type of machine to another)

Post tricks are not a fix....yet another workaround.

Actually for this situation, it would be tldia$ = t$

that being said...it is bullsh1t that you have to force the post to do things that are specifically called out to do via the machine definition. Why have a machine def if it does not do what you tell it to do? (there is a SPECIFIC section where you can tell it to add ZERO or 30 or whatever to the tool number for a dia offset....Does not work AT ALL if you go from one type of machine to another)

Post tricks are not a fix....yet another workaround.

I agree with what you are saying 100%

I understand why it is doing what it is doing (at least I think that I do)

By giving us the ability to use multiple length or diameter offsets for each tool by defining them in the specific operations, they made it complicated to do what I am asking of it (to change everything to match the tools). If you go in to the tool manager and change the H and D values, it asks you if you want to update the operations that use that particular tool. So you select YES! It doesnt change them! And even when it does it is glitchy as you can see by my original post. The D value changed in the operation but does not post that D value!

You would think that after all of these years this issue would have been figured out?

Nurosis, Rick....

I have stuff like this in my posts that will exit the posting process as soon as it encounters the error and can be overridden with a misc integer if you want that ability. I have not tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't put the same logic inside where the tool list is being compiled (right up front before any real posting happens).

But do your programs really take THAT long to post... altogether?

Here to help if you want to be done with this... PM me your post & tell me what you want to get out of it... I'll hack it up fer ya w00t.gif

Kieth,

I sent a 23 meg file on one machine last night, 7hrs long. (optiruf path is 56 minutes long, tool 1)

I sent a 74 mg file on the other machine(36 inserts on a plate), 23 hrs long (still cutting)

2 tools to go.

Get my drift? I need the software to WORK! Not a band aid post ALARM!

I have the occasional finish tool that runs for 6 hrs all by its

lonesome.

BTW,I cut molds for a living ;)

have you just been updating your post since X2? maybe you've had a crappy post from the get go, just a thought.

I completely started over with new posts (mpmaster) with X5. I do all of my post mods in FreeBSD using Meld for comparing and making necessary changes. It is very fast to see differences and make the necessary changes without changing the things that you do not want changed.

The only post that I have done a significant amount of complicated changes for is our Mori. I have added a bunch of logic for spindle probing routines.

Now one thing that I have not tried, is to use a default post that comes with Mastercam and see if it has the same issues. I have always used MPmaster posts.

The code that you see posted in my very first post of this thread, was posted using the brand new version of MPmaster for X6. I am creating a new post for our new machines and started with a fresh X6 MPMaster.