Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old Verify / New Stock Model / Machine Simulation

We need the compare to the part model.

We need the Gouge check (whenever the tool rapids into the part)

We need the color mapping colors! Green is good red is BAD.

Current color mapping set-up in Verify is good.

We need somthing that works with WCS.

We need somthing that works with multipul solids

We need somthing that is fast and doesn't take all day to verify!

• Like 1

You shouldn't have to rely on a third party program to verify your toolpaths. Your CAM system should be able to do that for you.

It should be able to recognize that it has gouged the surface or solid model of your part.

It should be able to recognize that it will rapid into your part.

And you shouldn't have to spend hours back plotting like crazy just to see if there are any gouges.

Telling people to go out and get Vericut or some other piece of software is a total cop out.

who can compete with dat

Vericut.

In my opinion I don't want CNC Software to spend any time developing an NC verification package, they are trying to do too much already. I want them to focus on there CAM package and fix the issues they already have. If they were too add in we would end up paying for it in two ways; first would be the purchase price and second would be from the decreased effort there CAM package would receive so the could develop the verification package.

I will just purchase Vericut when the time comes.

Actually, you need a 3rd party software

No you Dont!

I have been cutting molds with 3 different softwares for the last 18 years and only since Mc(i started at X2)

have I had to worry about the code that the software is supposed to put out properly.

Like just to have the defaults on the safest variable would be nice, if rapid dog legs, on your CNC,

are a problem the get the retract default to absolute, if using min distance then use a default

Feed of F300. not F10,000 is there even a cnc that has a 10,000 feed?

We not asking for miracles just version to version standard reasonable defaults and upgrading tools.

• Like 1

No you Dont!

I have been cutting molds with 3 different softwares for the last 18 years and only since Mc(i started at X2)

have I had to worry about the code that the software is supposed to put out properly.

Like just to have the defaults on the safest variable would be nice, if rapid dog legs

are a problem the get the retract default to absolute, if using min distance then use a default

Feed of F300. not F10,000 is there even a cnc that has a 10,000 feed?

We not asking for miracles just version to version standard reasonable defaults and upgrading tools.

Amen to that brother. I fail to see the reason why MC wouldn't want some form of verification code in their software. It would give users a lot more confidence in the toopaths they are creating, instead of the hold your breath and cross your fingers approach we have now.

Also, I would really love a default retract distance and a point to point rapid feedrate to eliminate the dog-legs.

Never gonna happen though.

:EDIT:

if rapid dog legs, on your CNC, are a problem

(not software related)

They certainly can be. Only way to avoid any problems is to do a full retract above everything, but in my opinion thats a bit of a waste of valuable run time when you should be able to to a minimum retract to a set value, say 0.100", and do a high feedrate in a straight line to your next position, while avoiding any model surfaces at the same time. That would cut down on a whole lot of air time, especially on larger pieces.

a point to point rapid feedrate to eliminate the dog-legs.

Mastercam outputs point to point rapid motion, but CNC Software has no control over what

a machine tool does with that code... thats why they give you the ability to output

G01 F***** rapid motion ... Hopefully we'll have that ability in all toolpaths someday

Only way to avoid any problems is to do a full retract above everything

I used to use that method exclusively be cause of what I thought was an issue with using

Minimum distance and a 500. feed.

After finishing a mold component, I would change common parameters and set the clear and retract

to the same value. This resulted in the feed looking vertical rapids.

So i change the value to 0.15 and after years of ridiculous amounts of time consuming retracts

on certain paths on certain geometry, i save about 25% of the cutting time and wear and tear on the

cnc

partclearence.png

That 500 feed rate is the max my cnc will feed with out error.

when you should be able to to a minimum retract to a set value, say 0.100", and do a high feedrate in a straight line to your next position, while avoiding any model surfaces at the same time.

The high speed toolpaths already have this ability... see Rick's sreen shot... I'm looking forward to the day when they are available in ALL toolpaths

I fail to see the reason why MC wouldn't want some form of verification code in their software.

Can you tell me what software has this ability? Does any other software verify the NC code in there verify?