Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What you expect from X7 ?

mig

Just got home from a Mastercam Users Group/ X6 Rollout Seminar and I have news.

There will be an X6 MU2 which will mostly be more bug fixes.

I did not get an expected release date

IMO these bug fix only releases should be Service Packs, not MU's but I'll get off that soapbox.

the other news was slipped into a demo of Swiss Expert.

MMT will be released with X7, scheduled for the first quarter of next year. There were no further details

Before someone shoots the messenger, these are not beta secrets or rumors.

This is straight from the horse's mouth, spoken in public to a room with at least

60 Mastercam users.

G,

The MU2 is important to me. I STILL haven't got around to installing X6 as we have been maxed out.

Has any little birdie said when it will be released, 'cus if it's not long I'll wait out and do the instal then.

Now it's public knowledge, hopefully someone from CNC can say?

As for MMT - That would mean I'd have to go buy a mill turn...

Seriously though, I really hope there's been a ton of testing because CNC really doesn't want to release it with tooo many bugs. You know how bad news travels round here :D

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
...MMT will be released with X7, scheduled for the first quarter of next year. There were no further details

Before someone shoots the messenger, these are not beta secrets or rumors.This is straight from the horse's mouth, spoken in public to a room with at least 60 Mastercam users.

I'm surprised that my MU2 and MMT news has not been noticed...

It must have gotten lost in the clutter

No g, it didn't get lost, we've heard this same song and dance before. With that said, I'm not buying the :censored: this time. When I can download it and use it and most importantly, get code from it I'll change my tune. Until then, it's vaporware and does not exist.

Just sayin' :whistle::coffee:

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

James,

Granted it sounds pretty remote, but you *might* have to go get one of those 10 gallon hats to eat IF MMT is released :D

I'm not eating anything. Wasn't this supposed to be out, oh, 10 years ago???

:rofl:

:rant:

• 2 weeks later...

An value in 2d Dynamic Contour Mill where you can set a value for the minimum corner radius value for a finish pass. So I can finish a part with a .500 tool for the majority of the part but when I come up to the .125 inside radius, the tool will not bury itself into the corner and then move on. It to recognize the problem and arc around it leaving me room for a cleanup pass.

An value in 2d Dynamic Contour Mill where you can set a value for the minimum corner radius value for a finish pass. So I can finish a part with a .500 tool for the majority of the part but when I come up to the .125 inside radius, the tool will not bury itself into the corner and then move on. It to recognize the problem and arc around it leaving me room for a cleanup pass.

I must be missing something, because the way I interpret what you are wanting, 2D Dynamic Contour already does this.

I must be missing something, because the way I interpret what you are wanting, 2D Dynamic Contour already does this.

When you click finish so you can get a clean continuous pass. It will run the tool into the corner and then make a 90 degree change in direction. If you don't click on finish it will make a larger corner radius but to get into that corner it will treat rough it just like the other roughing Dynamic tool paths.