Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Feature Suggestions

Rotary Ninja

• 2 weeks later...

In the Stock Model toolpath under Initial Stock Shape instead of saying "Model" this really should say "Solid"

Well the only objection to that is that Stock Model allows to work with surfaces not necessarily only solids for it's initial stock.

I have only level one and I use it this way to verify my milling work having defined my initial stock as the surfaces saved from "stock preview" on my last lathe op. Of course this works as I try to keep only a single MC file per part number as most of what we do is really simple parts.

HTH.

Please add corner rounding to the "high speed" scallop toolpaths. Since "old style" scallop has "sharp corner smoothing" it creates a superior toolpath even though the "high speed" has better transitions and tool holder checking.

It would be nicer if your program numbers would sequence right along with your toolpath group names. For example, my toolpath groups are automatically named OP-1, OP-2, OP-3 etc. It would be nice if the program number could automatically use the appended value of the toolpath group and sequence the same.

It would be nicer if your program numbers would sequence right along with your toolpath group names. For example, my toolpath groups are automatically named OP-1, OP-2, OP-3 etc. It would be nice if the program number could automatically use the appended value of the toolpath group and sequence the same.

even better

every time you do something automatically like that, someone will it to NOT do that. Although if there was a field that was populated with OP-1, OP-2 etc. you could just turn on the option

otherwise you can do that in the post

• 1 month later...

I think it's been suggested before...Colourise OPs manager text.

So right click in the Operation Manager, select display options, then next to the headings tick box, could we have a 'colourise button' where we can select an individual colour for the adjacent text so they stand out easier when searching/checking for them?

Or perhaps the best way of doing this would be setting individually at the time of creation in the View Manager. This could be an adjacent colum to the Woff# so we individually colourise the numbers?

G54 = Blue

G55 = Orange

G56 = Yellow etc

Also individual WCS number colourisation

Top = Red

Front = Green

A45 = Yellow

Not to make the OP's manage too fisher price, but sometimes it can look a little wood for the trees, as everything is the same colour.