Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Feature Suggestions

Rotary Ninja

Yeah, you suck G ;)

good idea, but be aware there are Group and Result Quick Mask buttons too - they should be on the right side of the screen :)

I knew someone would mention this. I have seen it but I never use it. I understand the concept. But it's usually an afterthought when I am too far into a program to implement it.

It would be really nice if when you mirrored a part all the toolpaths and views actually mirrored with it. As it is all the contours reverse, the cutting angles of surfacing toolpaths need to be rotated, and lead-ins and lead-outs need to be switched if you are using different values for each. This seems to be a little too much work to just mirror a part. Unless there is a way to do this I don't know about? If so please fill me in! I know about X-Form Mirror, but that doesn't ever work for these kind of parts ;)

toolpath transform mirror should force you to set the "source" to "geometry", but there is an issue and it allows you leave the "source" set to "NCI" which will not give you what your looking for. So set the "source" to geometry and you also have some settings on mirror page for "cutting direction" which should allow you to get the results your looking for, usually have this set to maintain start entity.

If you are doing a lot of deburring of edges with a ball endmill use the "curve 5 axis" toolpath. This works very well and is easy to program, basically it's a contour toolpath that can compensate to surfaces. If you don't have access to it have your dealer show it to you.

please add "angle" column in tool definition, to define angle between diameter and shank diameter. Most of tools are not two cylinders on each other, but have cone between work diameter and shank.

+1. I have wondered why this wasn't an option as well. We use a lot of small tools and to have to draw every one is a pain.