Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 8 and X6??

gcode

Got Mastercam X6 installed on W8 x64 this morning. Everything works well so far. I do have two minor issues to report.

First, While installing X6 I got an error "Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\mcamx6\common\SWORKSDATA\swdocumentmgr.dll failed to register". After installation I tried to open a SWX document and got the parasolid not found message. I updated MC to MU2 with no errors and am now able to open SWX files.

Second, When posting I get a "Could not load the Mastercam 'SIMAccess.dll'!" when Cimco starts up. Once Cimco is open I can repost and without issue.

Other than that, So far so good....

When posting I get a "Could not load the Mastercam 'SIMAccess.dll'!" when Cimco starts up. Once Cimco is open I can repost and without issue.

I get the same error...it does not happen with Mastercam editor, so I assume it is a Cimco problem with Windows 8

I ran the upgrade and haven't had any trouble so far.

I probably should have done a fresh install but I've got some work to do and I'm too lazy

to do fresh install.

I would not do this to my primary work machine as a first step.

There is a lot to learn and you'll spend time screwing with it and falling behind

with your real work.

I upgraded to the lasts Nvidia drivers and Mastercam because nearly un-useable.

It locked up completely when I drug the OP's Manager to my other screen and a restart didn't fix it, but a cold boot did.

It's running good now.

I was not able to finds the registry key to edit... and the free download doesn't work

so I've got the Metro interface when I first start up, but once I switch to Desktop, it's pretty much

like Win7

You may have noticed that my Enter key is working now and I can start new lines of text on eMastercam,

I didn't do anything to fix it, it just works now. There is a new problem though,

all the icons at the top of this post are grayed out.

Win8 has an autospell checker that runs on all apps and I'm guessing it's interfering with eMastercam's interface.

I believe MS removed the hack but there are a number of free apps that will allow you to bypass the start screen and boot directly into the desktop, http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ is one.

Yes.. I did some reading last night and it appears that the registry hack was disabled for the public release

here is another http://www.retroui.com/default.asp#features

You may have noticed that my Enter key is working now and I can start new lines of text on eMastercam,

I didn't do anything to fix it, it just works now. There is a new problem though,

all the icons at the top of this post are grayed out.

webby gave me the fix for this... the upper left icon is a switch between old school and latest greatest

weird though ... with the switch off.... the icons are greyed out and the Enter key works

with the switch ON.. the icons work but the Enter key doesn't