Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t 200,000 miles

TREV

good morning all,

i am pleased to say on the way to work this morning i hit 200,000 miles on my 1994 grand cherokee.and so far aside from regular maintenance i have had no problems. even with all the road salt around here no real rust either biggrin.gif . heres hoping for another 200 grand cheers.gif

anyone else driving theirs till it dies?

trevor

Congratulations on 200K. Let me guess it's the I6 motor? Those last forever smile.gif

I just turned 90K on my car this weekend ('00 E Class Mercedes). This is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It drives like a tank. I bought it used with 30K two years ago, and managed to put almost 60K in a couple of years. It may cost a little more up front, but in the long run it's very well worth every penny smile.gif

Rob

Sounds like you're just getting it borken in! Jeeps and Toyotas have always been good to me. cheers.gif

I've got an '87 Wrangler with 140,000, a '94 Chevy 4x4 long bed with like 130,000, a '02 GMC Ext Cab with like 60,000, a '94 GSXR 750 with 48,000, a '97 TL 1000 with 20,000, and a VW sand-rail with who knows what on it.

Yeah, that's a lot of cars, but we've got a big family with lots of drivers.. (there's me, and my wife.. rolleyes.gif ) Registration is gonna be a b!tch this year.

'Rekd teh F%&@ Grey Dufas!!!

[ 09-29-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

quote:

I need to hit the road more often. my '93 Wrangler just hit 60,000 miles.

I'm not quite that bad, avg. 12K/Yr. on each vehicle until this job. They never seem to stay around long enough to get that many miles on them. I need to change my ways soon. Currently driving 500 - 600 miles a week for work in a Dodge Durango (nice vehicle, poor mileage). Putting on the miles before the lease is up in Dec. 04. Then we need to find something cheap with 50 mpg.

1978 chevy 3/4ton 4x4.bought in 91 with 180k on it

texas truck. not very rusty. still going stong,with only putting in a new clutch and trany output shaft since I got it. I do a lot of snow plowing with it. and work around the farm. it has a 1 ton drive train in it. tuff truck. they dont make like that any more frown.gif

I'm glad someone has luck with vehicles...

'86 F250, just rebuilt motor at 86k

'94 Concorde, ran it til it died last week w/135k

Wife's '01 Intrepid, 42k and crossing my fingers

'95 Deville, My new baby, 64k, I've got faith in this one (is 33 too young for a Deville?)

No wonder I like my horse, 30+ miles last weekend on 1 litre of JD and still going strong.

I bought a '78 Chevy Malibu with a 267 V8 from a salvage lot in '93. It had 150,000 when I bought it. tuned it up, drove halfway across the country, replaced the Holley 2 barrel with an Edlebrock 4 bar. and intake, drove halfway back across the country and kept going until I gave it away at 240,000 mi. Thing was still ticking like a timex too. I wish I still had it. frown.gif My Dad inherited his father's '83 Malibu when Grandpa got a Cutlass. That thing had over 300,000 on the stock V6. It burned oil like crazy but still drove well. I gave him the Celebrity with 150k on it, that I bought before giving up my Malibu, and drove for a couple of years. My '98 S-10 Blazer just turned over 100k and starts up like it's 5 days old. I'm sticking with Chevy's from now on. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

I bought a 1994 Ford Ranger from the scrap yard in 96. I was stolen and recovered with 18,000 miles on it. Every body part on it is scratched or dented. This thing looks like s&*t but starts every time. I just turned 157,000 and am still getting 27mpg. My wife told me I was nuts when I bought it and she' biggrin.gif s on her second vehicle since then. Guess it wasn't such a bad buy

I have a 2001 Chevy Astro van with 34,000 miles, which has been nothing but a headache since the day I drove it off the lot. Too many "factory adjustments". I bought a Honda Accord with 220,00 miles for a backup with the Chevy being in the shop over 12 times, and the Honda blew a head gasket after I put 100 miles on it. What Luck!! Needless to say, I took up biking this past summer.

Scot