Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Governor Arnie

Charles Davis

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Charles

The Gov. sure had some desperate moves this last month. If I do a crappy job for years where I work, and ignor repeated request for changes from the people who hired me. What do you think my chances of saveing my job would be on that final Friday .

Where does the media get the idea that they can spew some laame poll results, and try to get the Grey Davis pupet elected.

Go Arnold

Scott teh' I was a 1996 closet Republican.

I heard on the radio this morning on the way to

work that the LA Times had had large numbers

of people cancel their subscriptions.

The timing of the article is very suspect has

most of the charges were already known.

The Hitler issue was blantant distortion. Arnie did say he admired Hitler's speaking ability.

They left out the part where he said he despised

everything Hiltler stood for.

Since this all came out, reporters have gone back to Austria and interviewed his boyhood friends and teachers.

His father was one of Hitler's Brownshirts, but

Arnie was fiercly anti Nazi. There are at least two cases on record where he was invloved in disrupting pro Nazi rallies as a teenager.

He also has a lengthy record of donating his time and money to Jewish groups.

I'm sure you won't read any of that in the LA Times.

This morning Gray Davis (pandering to his left wing base) signed one of the most liberal and far reaching health insurance reform bills in the country. More billions of $ for the tax payers of Kalifornia to cough up. That's a minor issue as long as it buys Grey a couple more votes.

My wife and I own 2 cars. Between the two of them

the tags will cost me $1650 this year. I looked in the Orange County Register Help Wanted this

morning. No Mastercam adds again. There used to be 10 to 15 per week. State employees pay $35/month for primo health insurance. I pay $185/week for a useless HMO. State employess retire on 90% pensions. I've got Social Security.

And then we've got drivers licenses and free college tuition for illegal imigrants. WTF!!!

My wife and I together work about 110 hours a week. That puts us among the "wealthist Californians" whom Mr Davis thinks should pay for all this insanity.

Arnies borish behaviour with women will not effect my vote one bit. I'd vote for the Hillside Strangler if I thought he could beat Grey Davis

[ 10-05-2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I am surpirsed the Federal Gov't did not get involved when Gray "Bengal Tiger' Davis pandered to the hispanic population by giving illegal immigrants the PRIVILEGE to get a driver's license without any background security checks - a bill he OPPOSED last year because it compromised California as well as national security.

OK, let's pass a bill where we allow illegals (from ANY country/race) to drive legally in CA. Hmm. They ALREADY drive illegally - and don't get caught. Why should they now go the "legal" route, where they would have to show proof of insurance before getting the driver's license???

Davis, in my humble opinion, is a pathetic doofus who has compromised YOUR security and mine, just so he can have a slim and waining chance to maintain the control he is so obviously addicted to. What a weasel.

Go Arnold.

Mark Linder

The scarist part of this election is Prop 53.

The introduction says it forces the pols to spend

3% of the budget on infrastructure (fixing roads

bridges sewers etc).

The fine print lowers the threshold for raising taxes to 55% from 66%. Since the Democrats

have a 60% majority in the legislature it effectivly gives them a blank check to pass any

budget or tax they want.

They did the same thing with bonds a couple of years ago. Every bond measure since has passed

and Kalifornia bonds are now concidered junk bonds. The State treasurer as all kinds of new bonds that he can't give away!

If Prop 53 passes (and I think it will) we are truley screwed!!! The Dems are trying to slide it though in stealth mode. I havn't seen one newspaper article or spot on TV about it.

The average voter thnks its going to fix the freeways.

[ 10-05-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Hmmmmmm !! are these two threads connected ?

quote:

If Prop 53 passes (and I think it will) we are truley screwed!!! The Dems are trying to slide it though in stealth mode. I havn't seen one newspaper article or spot on TV about it.

The average voter thnks its going to fix the freeways.

quote:

Topic: O/T California Traffic, Who does these polls??

Rekd

They're blowing all this hype about how people are spending so much more time in traffic. Give me a break! They're saying the average person spends 51 hours a YEAR sitting in traffic during rush hour. BS!

Is it possible that the media is "slow playing"

Prop #53,,while trying to get backing for it by

helping to force attention to L.A.'s traffic problem, there is a strong insinuation that more funding from prop #53 would fix the freeways.

Def; of a :: "Slow play"

Poker term that is called when one player reacts so slow that it forces another player to show his hand before all action is complete.

Scott teh' the average voter

re: Prop 53

People who just read the title will probably vote

for it.

The elimination of a supermajority for tax

increases is buried in the fine print and cleverly hidden behind a smokescreen of weasal words.

Its passage is a done deal mad.gif

[ 10-05-2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Well I just got my car insurace stament for doing another 6 months here. They want $2200 for the next 6 months then I am going to have to pay that over $1600 dollar in 6 months for tags. I have been here about 6 months and a house like the one I have back in Florida is going to cost $500,000 WTF is that. How am I a single income person going to afford this. Then what I can out my kids in Day care and have my wife work to cover the daycare cost out here. I also didn't have to pay a freaking state tax back in Florida that is also costing me over $500 dollars a month then I have to pay this stupid Tag tax on top of it. I think that stripper you got running for governor around would do a better job that this idoit Davis has. I am not going to say Florida has not had its share of problem but give me a freaking break. I work 60 to 70 hours a weeks with little apperication for my abilities to give illegal people licences and educate their kids off of my hard earned money.

Well hope things change in this sate so a honest hard working guy can afford to have soemthing around here.

Crazy Millman

Great points gcode... well spoken. I can't wait until the LA Times calls again to ask me to subscribe!

Mark Linder, I agree.

I think the federal govt should pass a law saying that the California Drivers license cannot be use for identification in any circumstance: not even to cash a check or backup id for credit card purchases.

That would force the State to issue CA ID's or everyone to get passports.

That might raise such a stink that the Assembly would back down.

As far as Davis, I think he's so far gone they'll have to haul him out of office in a straight jacket.

That's an improvement on Davis. He has no positions at all. He's for sale to the highest bidder. He will take any postion as long as it will deliver votes.

Arnie has looked the state workers unions in the eye and said "Things are going to change". There

hasn't been a pol in Sacremento in 30 years who's had the balls to do that.

Very interesting article on LA Times bias

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,20...1676763,00.html

Why wasn't Davis investigated too?

By Jill Stewart

I couldn't have been more shocked to see the lurid stories about Arnold Schwarzenegger and the things several women allege he uttered or did to them. But it wasn't over the allegations, which I had read much of in a magazine before. I was most shocked at the Los Angeles Times.

Some politicos dub the Thursday before a big election "Dirty Tricks Thursday." That's the best day for an opponent to unload his bag of filth against another candidate, getting maximum headlines, while giving his stunned opponent no time to credibly investigate or respond to the charges.

It creates a Black Friday, where the candidate spends a precious business day right before the election desperately investigating the accusations, before facing a weekend in which reporters only care about further accusations that invariably spill out of the woodwork.

Dirty Tricks Thursday is not used by the media to sink a campaign.

Yet the Times managed to give every appearance of trying to do so. It's nothing short of journalistic malpractice when a paper mounts a last-minute attack that can make or break one of the most important elections in California history. The Times looked even more biased by giving two different reasons for publishing its gruesome article at the last minute.

Now, there's no time left before the election to separate fact from fiction regarding incidents that happened as long as 20 and 30 years ago.

I should disclose here that I know one of Schwarzenegger's accusers. She is a friendly acquaintance. I have no idea whether she was actually man-handled.

Is it possible that my acquaintance told friends a tall tale, after meeting Schwarzenegger, because back then it made a young woman terribly exotic if one of the hottest beefcakes in the world wouldn't keep his paws off you?

I have no idea.

Or, could she be telling the truth?

I have no idea.

And neither does the Los Angeles Times.

If the Times were a tabloid, this would hardly matter. But the newspaper is influential at times, and claims it has high standards. In this case, the paper gave in to its bias against Schwarzenegger:

Here's my proof:

Since at least 1997, the Times has been sitting on information that Gov. Gray Davis is an "office batterer" who has attacked female members of his staff, thrown objects at subservients and launched into red-faced fits, screaming the f-word until staffers cower.

I published a lengthy article on Davis and his bizarre dual personality at the now-defunct New Times Los Angeles on Nov. 27, 1997, as well as several articles with similar information later on.

The Times was onto the story, too, and we crossed paths. My article, headlined "Closet Wacko Vs. Mega Fibber," detailed how Davis flew into a rage one day because female staffers had rearranged framed artwork on the walls of his office.

He so violently shoved his loyal, 62-year-old secretary out of a doorway that she suffered a breakdown and refused to ever work in the same room with him. She worked at home, in an arrangement with state officials, then worked in a separate area where she was promised Davis would not go. She finally transferred to another job, desperate to avoid him.

He left a message on her phone machine. Not an apology. Just a request that she resume work, with the comment, "You know how I am."

Another woman, a policy analyst, had the unhappy chore in the mid-1990s of informing Davis that a fund-raising source had dried up. When she told Davis, she recounted, Davis began screaming the f-word at the top of his lungs.

The woman stood to demand that he stop speaking that way, and, she says, Davis grabbed her by her shoulders and "shook me until my teeth rattled. I was so stunned I said, 'Good God, Gray! Stop and look at what you are doing. Think what you are doing to me!"'

After my story ran, I waited for the Times to publish its story. It never did. When I spoke to a reporter involved, he said editors at the Times were against attacking a major political figure using anonymous sources.

Just what they did last week to Schwarzenegger.

Weeks ago, Times editors sent two teams of reporters to dig dirt on Schwarzenegger, one on his admitted use of steroids as a bodybuilder, one on the old charges of groping women from Premiere Magazine.

Who did the editors assign, weeks ago, to investigate Davis' violence against women who work for him?

Nobody.

The paper's protection of Davis is proof, on its face, of gross bias. If Schwarzenegger is elected governor, it should be no surprise if Times reporters judge him far more harshly than they ever judged Davis.

Jill Stewart is a print, radio and television commentator on California politics. She can be reached via her Web site, www.jillstewart.net

I heard this morning that 25% of all ballots cast in California are absentee ballots.

This may help blunt the effect of the last minute smear campaign.

I think any woman who waits until the eve of an election to make charges of sexual misconduct should loose all credibility and the charges should not be published at all.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm voting for Mc Clintock. Even though more than likely he will not win, I still have to live with myself. So far he's been the only candidate with clearly defined ideas on how to make changes and get us out of the rut we're in.

JM2C

James,

I think McClintock is great. The problem is in reality, a vote for McClintock is a vote for Davis.

Arnold will be better able to influence the legislature. McClintock would be too polarizing, and open to criticisms of a vast right wing conspiracy.

McClintock will have a lot more influence with a Republican in office than Davis.

I think two great people who became very visible in this election are McClintock and Issa. Both have a bright future.

If you want change, vote Yes on the recall and Yes on Arnold.

"I think McClintock is great. The problem is in reality, a vote for McClintock is a vote for Davis"

Its worse than that. A vote for McClintock is a vote for Bustemonte. Davis is toast.

I'd rather see MCClintock as governor, but

a vote for him is vote for Bustemonte.

I'm hoping McClintock will go after Barbra Boxer's job next year!!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Its worse than that. A vote for McClintock is a vote for Bustemonte.

Yeah, but I still have to live with myself... and I have to vote for the best candidate, and that candidate is McClintock.

quote:

Its worse than that. A vote for McClintock is a vote for Bustemonte.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but I still have to live with myself... and I have to vote for the best candidate, and that candidate is McClintock.

If you think about the logic of that, A vote for McClintock is a vote for Bustamonte, but you have to vote for the best candidate. So by the logic of that, you actually think that Bustamonte is the best candidate. eek.gif

I understand your thinking on voting, and it's good. However, my thinking is usually along the lines of, "the lesser of two evils". So I try to vote where my vote is needed. It's why I voted for Bush, he's not the candidate who I felt could represent me the most, but he has enough of the qualities that I want that I'm gonna vote him instead of the other poll leaders.

hehe, and I'll also ask, could you live with yourself if bustamonte wins by a small margin?

And don't take any of that the wrong way, it's all intended as friendly bantor. :-)

James, at least you'll vote for the recall.

It's been said you can never tell the result of any action. Perhaps by McClintock not withdrawing, his supporters won't stay home, and will at least help win the recall portion of the vote.

This seems to be the big decision right now anyway. If the recall passes, Mr. "If you like Mexico style corruption you'll love me" Bustamante will not win. Everyone is rightfully scared of this guy.

One good spinoff effect of this election is that it should drive a stake into the heart of Bustamante's political career.

The latest polls:

Recall wins 54 to 41.

Arnold beats Bustamante 37 to 29.

+/- 3% error.

Since 25% of ballots are absentee, and the poll numbers are from CNN, the results may be skewed against recall and for Bustamante.

Does anyone have more recent good poll numbers (Field poll, etc.?)

CALIFORNIAN'S: TAKE BACK YOUR GOVERNMENT.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

[ 10-06-2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]