Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Governor Arnie

Charles Davis

I sense webby's fingers reaching for the

lock thread button .....

Its sad that the level of discourse is so

high in the country these days.

My mother hates GW Bush so much, its making her sick. I think history will show him to be

one of the greatest presidents of this century

Go figure frown.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...If you choose to support your comment with merely anecdotal information, then I will happily counter that with the plethora of racist...

... and another thing. Why don't you look at the civil rights record in the south of the Liberals??? Yeah, that speaks volumes of who the true racists are. It wass the liberals in the state legislatures that fought every attempt by the people of color to gain equity in our society during the civil rights movement in the 50's and 60's.

SOME SOBERING THOUGHTS ABOUT OUR NATION

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution in 1787, a Scottish history professor by the name of Professor Alexander Tyler had this to say about "The Fall of the Athenian Republic" over 2,000 years earlier.

The Fall of the Athenian Republic.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (generous gifts) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship." "The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence. From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance, from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St.Paul, Minnesota, wrote this about the 2000 election:

Population of counties won by Gore 127 million, won by Bush 143 million.

Square miles of country won by Gore 580,000, won by Bush 2,427,000.

States won by Gore 19, by Bush 29.

Murder per 100,000 residents in counties won by Gore 13.2 by Bush 2.1

(not a typo).

Professor Olson adds, "The map of the territory Bush won was (mostly) the land owned by the people of this great country. Not the citizens living in cities in tenements owned by the government and living off the government....

Professor Olson thinks the US is now between the apathy and complacency phase of democracy although he believes that 40 percent of the nation's population has already reached the dependency phase.

A-ron out

With the sudden run on lawn chairs and beer, this dialog could create enough spending to put a serious dent in the deficit. biggrin.gif And if I were to post the same kind of unfounded, inflammatory remarks about conservatives that you made about liberals, then the resulting upsurge in gun sales and airfare to Arcata would probably put the State firmly in the black. As a liberal, I only ask that you use organic bullets.

biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

And if I were to post the same kind of unfounded, inflammatory remarks about conservatives that you made about liberals...

The liberal record speaks for itself, LOUDand clear.

quote:

...use organic bullets...

But of course. biggrin.gifwink.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Here's a funny DMV story - just goes to show how bright they really are.

My registration was due in September, and in usual fashion I was a week or so late. No biggie. My wife went to DMV online, paid my registration online, got the confirmation number and all. I got my tags a few weeks later. All is cool right? WRONG remember, is is a Government agency designed by stupid people. I get something in the mail last week saying I did not pay my registration. biggrin.gif What a bunch of idiots. So now I get to call them up and have fun with some career "Public Servant" that doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Jush though I would share that. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

I really like this guy.

Yes but Arney still has to pull the rabbit out of the hat. smile.gif

The only problem is the bunny is usually snowy white and Arnold has been known to get a little bloody - this will be an interesting adventure indeed.

Regards, Jack

[ 11-18-2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]