Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum moves in two weeks

Tony

I'm leaking it!!

The "Forum" link at mastercam.com will be

Going to a forum run by a dealers committee.

It will have much tighter "Moderation"

Then Resellers can actually sell seats of MC to Mazak machine owners etc....

Flame Away...

[ 10-15-2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Tony ]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard that. There is a forum for MC Dealers that is live now. Also there is a reseller forum hosted by this forum.

I think that my customers have gotten alot of help here, and we spend 15mins in our classes going over registering logging on and etiquette.(sp?) We also tell them to come here if they need a post(HAHA Just Kidding)

Jimmy

quote:

I'm leaking it!!

The "Furom" link at mastercam.com will be

Going to a furom run by a dealers committee.

Then Resellers can actually sell seats of MC to Mazak machine owners etc....

OK,but as long as we don't have to pay a maintenance fee for the site.... biggrin.gif

I dont think anyone would go to a forum that was moderated that tightly. I find out about alot of bugs here. It is a very useful tool.

Anyway most members here are also members of cnczone and others. SOme of the most outspoken here turn up being MC's defender on other forums.

What a little bickerin' between family?

Jimmy

quote:

What does tighter Moderation mean?

It means no more slamming. No more threads getting

out of control. As a moderator the last thing you

want to do is close a thread. As of recent it has happened

a couple of times. Im sure if everyone plays "Nice"

you won't even know their here, other than helping

out as everyone does.

Ok' I'm done. biggrin.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I believe that I can count on one hand the number of times a thread has been closed since I've been a member. Not bad considering the volume of traffic we get in here. with the exception of the recent double/triple post regarding the Bridgeport-EZ/Trak. Still not sure why the guy posted a couple of times. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

This is pretty much a self moderated forum. Except when "Rekd teh Hooligan" tongue.gif gets involved, then Webby has to bring the heat and shut it down.

I hope it does not change. That would be a bummer. I would imagine it is quite costly to run though, considering the amount of bandwidth we consume here. eek.gif

JM2C

quote:

will be

Going to a forum run by a dealers committee.

I would hate it if the higher ups try to manage the forum into something "Tame". Remember in the movie;;;;;

"GOOD MORNING VEITNAM" when they replaced Andrian Chronower with the lame-a$$ sargent on the radio station.

+1 everyone,

I think the best support for Mastercam is an UN-monderated, UN-censored forum...just like the one we have here! Putting something (in this case software) unprotected from the public's firing line is the way to show true strength. Let it take the punches that come this way, that's how true strength and resilency are proven- in an un-censored and un-biased environment!

As for our bandwidth comsumption and forum maintaince: heck, I'd buy a shirt, mug, or whatever if a couple bucks of the sale went to keeping the forum OURS! biggrin.gif

I suspect the move is due more to the OT threads

than ones that gets hot and heavy about maintenance contracts, pirates or posts.

The California recall threads were probably

quite offensive to all the lurking liberals

out there, (que the river of tears here) biggrin.gif

and the Arafat thread could be quite dangerous

should the wrong people read it.

In this lawsuit happy, mad bomer world we live in

no corporation wants to see stuff like that on

thier semi-official website.

It would be a shame to see this forum moderated. Everyone here seems to enjoy sharing info and chatting - all postings that are off-topic are plainly marked so. Sure we come here for MasterCAM but after all the posts going back and forth people get to know one another and start joking around.

You never know what you can learn from that kind of exchange. Peter has told me time and again how good this forum -- because its not moderated.

We all like the software and yes we will defend -- its how we make our living.

But, we all get frustrated now and then too. We may blow off some steam but I don't think that is malicious.

Its a good healthy exchange - good and bad. Most people that bad mouth MasterCAM get told of pretty quick - learned that one the hard way ( pimij eats humble pie )

Jim Pallister

OPM Ltd.