Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ for X9 PC1

Which fields do you want to edit?

There are some tricks to do so ;-)

But you can't realy save the "edited fields" in that generated HTML file. In this case I use a PDF printer and print the HTML file to a PDF file ;-)

For example:

If you need an editable field in your header.

- run X+ tool list or setup sheet.

- in that dialog you enter in one row of the description "Enter Something"

- for the value you enter "<input value='your default text'>"

- generate the list

If you want to edit the tool table itself, you need a script.

I would need to be able to edit most everything, say they replace a tool with a different one, more flutes different rad, could be anything.

But saving as a PDF becomes the problem next time the job is run. If anymore changes are made they cant update the tool sheet

exactly, I like the layout from x+ in the html format. I would just like to be able to edit the field boxes. the excel output don't work very well. With over 100 cnc's and only 6 programmers, we put the responsibility of maintaining tool sheets to the shop floor

Wes, I think you would be amazed at what the excel output can do. AND... All fields can be changed/updated rather simply on the floor by those that can click a cell and edit the info.
  • Like 2

X+ is so fast and easily customisable...

With a bit of office macros, it can do anything you want. Colors based on offset number? Done. Tools listed by diameter? Tool number? Extension length? Done.

And if you don't know VBA, you can record the macros, then paste into your template file.

• Like 1

I would need to be able to edit most everything, say they replace a tool with a different one, more flutes different rad, could be anything.

But saving as a PDF becomes the problem next time the job is run. If anymore changes are made they cant update the tool sheet

Wes - you could look into Nitro PDF. This allows you to edit and save pdf's 'reasonably' easily.

Not as nice and not as good and not as easy as MS Word though.

The Active Reports engine (latest version) can work with word, and I believe it is on CNC's radar to update AR to be able to be word compatible. Hopefully sooner than later...

My goal for this year is to learn VBA so I can create a Excel setup sheet. So far I feel I'm in over my head. I wish I could figure out how to read the raw data being passed to Excel.

Ben, when I get in, I'll put my template up on Thee FTP. I'll email you some instructions. All my macros are pretty well commented.
  • 11 months later...

When I go to create a tool list using x+ it opens up PRO-E instead of my tool list??  Is anyone else having this problem?  I have used X+ for awhile and it worked fine.  If I create a tool list using excel instead of html it opens fine. I

I am having the same problem, when I create a tool list or set-up sheet it opens NX instead of Internet Explorer. Is there a way to fix this?