Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cat 40 Collet Chucks?

Just wanted to see what most people are using (manufacturers)?

We are using is mix of Briney, Lyndex, GS Sowa.

I need a couple more and was looking at Techiks, any thoughts? Also are the Techniks pull studs decent?

We have TG100, ER 20 and ER16 collets.

Thanks in advance!

I use Nikken Collets after a lot of testing with problems we've had with other manufacturers, and Nikken has outperformed all others that we've used; I use Lyndex pull studs,  I've never used Techniks so I cannot attest to there quality, but Lyndex has worked nicely for me I've never had problems.

I had terrible luck with Sowa a few years back.

Always had great luck with Lyndex and HPI. 

Have good things to say about Techniks shrink fit...side lock and collet holders not so much.

One thing about HPI, is coolant thru the flange (DIN- B ) is standard where on others its not. So if you have a Mori with thru tool...good to know.

Anyone else here tried Maritool?  Good prices and made in USA.

Most of their stuff is really good, Frank is a good guy and will make sure your happy with your purchase.

I've got some of their endmills, chamfer tools, and ER collet chucks.

Another distributor I've used a Lot is   http://latheinserts.com/

He's Cheap, Good, And Fast! 

Well, personally, my experience with it has been bad. Specifically the monohard or whatever their click fit is called. The holders are probably good but I've only had my hands on the stackable stuff. Which in my opinion is a generic xxxxsabore (that's what I call its-bor because it's shït). Once you've ran Capto nothing else stackable will do.