Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Working with PIGS

mayday

the guys on vacation so Im out keeping his machine going. I have to come up with a semi-nice way to tell him to clean up his act. I ran this machine when it was new in '93. I always kept it clean. wiped it down, cleaned the coolant tank, everything. today its a f_ing mess. its an enclosed horzontal,so you have to walk inside to check things on the part. so far 2 hours today running and cleaning mad.gif so much scum on the windows no light gets in. I'd hate to see this guys house rolleyes.gif

open for suggestions.

Im thinking a little in the operators message screen

I have the same problem here. I would go out and run machines and while they were running I would be cleaning the outside of it. After about four days of me doing this (they took notice of this up front and liked it) and the other operators standing around talking about deer hunting, I stopped doing it. Well they finally noticed up front that I had dropped to their level and did no more than they, while the machines were running. Finally something was said to everyone and the problem was solved. But for only about 2 weeks, of course now it is back the way it was, which gave me the attitude of "if they don't care about their machinery, then niether do I". smile.gif

Many years ago I had a job running a manual

Bridgeport. I was fly-cutting aluminum blocks

and making a huge mess. I started sweeping some

of it up and the boss came out and said he'd

fire me if he ever caught me running a broom

again. He didn't have to tell me twice tongue.gif

quote:

if they don't care about their machinery, then niether do I"

nice thought jammer, ploblem is when the toy needs an alignment,leveling, guess who does it.

quote:

A clean desk is the sign of an idle mind.

this guy has 10 hours a day to do nothing but watch the cutter go round and round.

have a little pride, thats all

no kidding I've seen out-houses cleaner than this.

1/4 of black scum on the operator platform frown.gif

does the shoes good

Do what I did one time when my owners son didnt clean up after himself one time. I took all the oily tools, Chips and rags I used ot clean the Machine on put the whole box on his Desk. When he cam in the next day his whole desk was covered in oild. It got inot his desk drwas and everything. I was working nights and was tired of cleaning up his messes. He went on a rant and his DAD asked my boss his son why he was upset. He expalined and showed him what I did. The owner then told his son he better get his xxxx out there and make sure that the machien was clean or coudl happen again.

Crazy Millman

Or we are not buying any more soap and we expect you to wear them same clothers for the rest of the year. No shi? I worked with a guy that would wear the same clother everyday for 6 months then g obuy a new set of clother and wear them for 6 months. The werid part is not isnt weaird enough is that he was worth millions and just didnt want to spend his money.

May^day that is a good one I like that.

Crazy Millman

This morning I walked into the shop with confidence and

went up to the operator that has been continually ruining

my parts.I give the machine a quick glance, then

casually I look at my watch for a moment. The operator

notices this and asks," What's up are you timeing me"

"No," I replied, "I just got this state-of-the-art watch, and

I was just testing it." The intrigued operator says,

"A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?"

I then explained, "It uses alpha waves to talk to me

telepathically. The operator says,