Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam won't generate correct toolpath

holypickle

Repost from another forum

Pic related, the red line is the path that is being generated, when it should be cutting along the contour (LATHE). Also pictured are my tool settings (square insert, tool touches off at the tip and in the middle)

It should be hitting the 30 degree, then the radius etc., but instead it's just going across. If I change the tool over to a radius grooving tool, it works fine.

This seems strange to me- What am I missing? Of course my plunge parameters are set correctly too, but still no-go. Also, I'm choosing the "finish..." option under operations

Thanks!

<-program in question

I changed it to a grooving operation, and it kinda worked, except it made two passes instead of the intended one. I was able to get my positions and program it by hand, but I feel I should've been able to get this accomplished all on MXCAM. Any help is appreciated!