Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewsheets--- Why should I use them?

jaydenn

I use viewsheets all the time, especially for 4 axis work when I have to drill/tap/ream two sides of a part. Pick a point on one side, toolpath, switch view sheet, repeat. No worrying about making sure I have the correct WCS/T/C or anything else. Just click and work. I also use it all the time on 3ax work when the part has to get flipped to finish machining (as in 99% of the time.)

thanks all.

duh moment

never thought of using this feature for horizontal work. been doing it long hand all this time.

we use them for setup sheet views and captures tho.

this forum rocks!  I get stuck in the rut of doing it like I have always done it.

thanks.

RaiderX , great thanx . Only 7 minutes of my life went by and you totally sold it   :). I will definitely turn them on again and start using them. 

Gracjan

I just pulled it up on u tuber. the people that spend the time to share the information in detail are the bomb. this site has made me a better user of Mastercam and that is a fact. ok may be i am not better but they rock. lol

• Like 2

I really like view sheets use them on almost every project. Now with 2017 and create a new Plane and create a view sheet and set it at the time making the plane rocks.

Been teaching them in my classes for for a few versions back of MC.

Ron pointed out a issue a few versions back that some times they would not stick. I do not find this really anymore. I have a video from V7 showing Dynamic Xform and I used view sheets as part of it. so at lest sense V7 for me.

• Like 2

I really like view sheets use them on almost every project. Now with 2017 and create a new Plane and create a view sheet and set it at the time making the plane rocks.

Been teaching them in my classes for for a few versions back of MC.

Ron pointed out a issue a few versions back that some times they would not stick. I do not find this really anymore. I have a video from V7 showing Dynamic Xform and I used view sheets as part of it. so at lest sense V7 for me.

Ya I never really had a use for them, but we have a customer that uses manual setup sheets instead of active reports and you have to take a lot of pics.

Since I switched to 2017 and the view sheets got made automatically, I just started using them since they were there and now I like them.  They come in real handy for this...

• Like 2

I vaguely recall knowing view sheets was a tool, but never used it. Just discovered what I could do with it this morning thanks in part to this thread, and another thread about creating section views using the view sheets. WOW! Awesome! thanks all  :unworthy:

Yea these forums are pretty awesome for learning in my opinion. Everytime I get to a point where I think that I know it all (haha), I end up getting humbled by someone who knows something I didn't ;)

• Like 1