Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T For all you hawks out there

Nominal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Since we're sharing cool war footage. Check out

AC130_GunshipMed.wmv

British Tornadoes Bomb Iraq 13.mpg

You'll not be disappointed.

Warning - if death to the enemy the makes you uncomfortable don't download it or watch it.

[ 01-14-2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Hi James.

I have the AC-130U Gunship video. "OK, Go ahead and level the building"...... Do you have links for the other clips? I think USC should be sole owner of #1. heh.

Harryman. Very observant of you. good analysis of the images.

All. This might not be during night time . IR images, when shot in visible light conditions, look very similar to those shot in darkness. There is more "contrast" (better S/N ratio) during dark conditions. IR can image thru smoke and haze too. Conditions often found on the battle field.

Jack:

You gotta add "Hemusta bin Farming" to the MC forum alltime quotes list!

This video is a short version of what I saw the other night on the news. There's about a minute of footage that was cropped from the beginning.

The one I saw show a guy going into the back of the truck and taking out a large (maybe 4'-5' long) tubular object and laying out in the farmer's field. There was talk by the good guys that it was either an rpg or a sam. Then when the guy ran back to ride the tractor he got the order to explode their bodies into chunks. I read a comment on a news page somewhere where they asked one of the pilots why did they have to kill them with such a big gun. He told them that "they were about a mile and a half away, and the 50 caliber was the smallest gun they had".

Too bad the clip doesn't include the first minute to silence all the whiners who said we shot farmers.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Kieth, I dropped the other one in the same folder.

Ever wonder just how fast some of those missles go? Heres a good clip on a test range of a Tank being blown up.

It's called "Tank fires rocket into tank.mpg"

"Bomb building w man running out.mpeg" is great. This guy must've heard the missle coming in and decided to run. These poor saps.

Ya know if you ever listen to their leaders, they talk to their people like they are two years old. I suppose that mose of them cannot read so they are brainwashed to believe "The Evil West", or the "Crusaders" are to blame for thier troubles. It can't be that their leaders are pillaging their monetary system now can it.

As we all rebuild this country, I hope to God that we teach these people to think for themselves. What a bunch of sheep they are. Somebody yells "Jihad" and these morons strap on bombs...... Just sad.

It's in the unspecified downloads folder of the FTP as well as are the others.

Enjoy

[ 01-15-2004, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

I have often thought about a cartoon that would most accruatly describe the war in the middle east.....ie Afgan, Irak......

Anyone remember the Flinstones and the hillbillies with their guns and sling shots on them?

Picture one of those hillbillies wearing his worn out coveralls, aiming his slingshot rifle, going head to head to one of our tanks....

I'm glad that Sadam is out of there dont get me wrong, but it was no contest. Those poor suckers didnt stand a change.

Awesum video BTW. A half a mile away....amazing......

Murlin

Good Morning

I has written a post and bnacked out of this a couple of times. I am one of the hawks. My dad was a small farmer in new england and when I read Harryman's exellent post I knew these men were plowing as well. I have seen more footage of this , and have read the article.I am convinced they were targets as a result of the chopper seeing weapons minutes earlier on the clip. I din't beleive that the the plow was mistaken for a some kind of canon, because they didn't draw a bead on it.

If I was part of this Iraqi group,I would of apretiated some one showing me what I looked like at night to the enimy upon receipt of the large cylindricle shaped peice of farm equipment that I need to plow the feild.

okay guys her goes

first off thanks to anyone who is working for my contry in Iraq. And I have no doubt that these guys were defending themselves. But that doesn't make it right.

I like the movie and I hate myself for it.

That being said I dont get this quote,

"I felt bad until I thought about the pregnant woman who jumped from the World Trade Tower,"

First thinking about that makes me feel worse, and second didn't the people who did that die, and weren't they from Afghanistan?

I have got to start watching the news more.

Were can I find the information on the MILLIONS of people sadam gassed.

Between the millions gased and the WMD its amazing we can find anyone to kill during our invasion.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sure.

I enjoy watching our tax dollars at work. I had the footage from the first Golf War that shows a Laser Guided Missle going through a window into something. That's accuracy!

help!!

I'm getting a FTP folder error.

says, "Windows cannot access this folder, blah,blah,blah.

Details: The operation timed out."

can anyone help.

Thx

btw... I don't FTP much in case you hadn't noticed!

[ 01-19-2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Mark Ross ]

• 3 weeks later...

I have put a video up on the ftp site called 500kv[1]. This is explanation that was in the email.

There was reportedly a problem shutting down a 500,000 volt electric

utility circuit by conventional means, so the circuit was opened at

the Palo Verde switchyard while under FULL load, with spectacular

results.

(This may be the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station yard about 50

miles west of Phoenix.) Reportedly this shutdown was anything but

routine.

Speakers on, volume up!