Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

what are you working on today or last week?

MATT Q

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Been working on a fixture to take secondary ops from the conventional department and put them in one of our horizontals. Also some time studies, capacity studies, and some program optimization.

Milling out ends of a new pick-ups v-8 and v-10 intake ducts. Also building the punch and dies and locating fixtures for the locators tabs for the clamps on the end. Need 300 parts each and 2 days notice. Just ain't gonna happen but where trying like hell. programming on the fly rolleyes.gif

quote:

Hey Hardmill, what's it like machining beryllium? I've heard lore of the toxicity from the chips/dust.. True or false?

Some of those scary things said are true, some

are not. As long as you take the appropriate

safety precautions.

The wife got used to me glowing in the dark (j/k) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But seriously you just got to approach this

material a little bit different, strong as

heck, but very prone to chipping.

PEACE biggrin.gif

JImmy, every day up here is hillbilly days !! j/k...no I havnt been to Hillbilly days. I also have never been and will never go underground! I have been doing machine work on underground coal mine equipment for 15 yrs and have never stepped foot in a mines. ~~~~~Shady

Shady teh extreme claustrophobic !!

chip

you didn't have an email so here goes

go to hpphoto.com

then upload your photos to there

once uploaded, there is a "create link for auction" link,that will give you the url that you need to post a photo in the forum.

when in the forum "message" box you will

select "image" then paste your url in the box. it's pretty easy, if i can do it.

make sure you delete the http:// that is already in the box. if it is there twice it won't work.

hope this helps you out this imfo was given

to me when i needed help. have good day

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif