Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Your Real Name

Mike Mattera - TFM

quote:

I know, I know, eat a big breakfast and bring a sack lunch

cuckoo.gif Just a ladder biggrin.gif

If you are ever up my way, Rum and Coke on me

Nadeem, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

...unless, of course, you'll agree that you're a condescending, holier-than-thou, knucklehead... eek.gif

What I wanna know is why Peter said the guy should work at Kwik-E-Mart and I am the one getting called out here headscratch.gif

Whatever, time to go home

cheers.gif

C

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this thread has certianly digressed from a discussion of opinions, to picking on the new guy. I dont care how long your've been here, It just makes good sense to be civil to others. Someone earlier in this post made a comment about the "community". I've had customers come to this forum and ask questions, only to slammed by the regulars. OK, so they may not be the sharpest pencil. They probably did not read the FAQ. But wouldn't it be nicer to just point them to the FAQ instead of bonk.gif beating them up.

This almost gets back to the original post. I think people like to be anonymous because you dont have to be responsible for what you say to others. It's easier to flip off the guy in the car next to you, because you know youll probably never see them again.

Imagine this: Your late for a job interview. There's a guy in a BIG Lincoln driving like a turtle. You FINALLY get around him and flip him the bird. Arriving at your interview on time, your told the owner has not arrived yet. As your waiting, you look out the window to see a the big Lincoln pulling into the lot. banghead.gif

It just good practice to be nice to everyone cause you never know when your paths will cross again. cheers.gif

Mike Mattera

I don't think Chris was out of line at all.

Cadist came in here badmouthing the way this Forum was run and Chris was quite candid and to the point about how he felt about it.

However, Nadeem is from another country and does not know how things work around here.

So Mr. newb cadist.... don't worry about it.

People speak their mind in here. That's what is great about this place.

And Chris, dont worry about it cause it's just a thing, yo biggrin.gif

Murlin teh handles forever yo..... tongue.gif

quote:

Well this thread has certianly digressed from a discussion of opinions, to picking on the new guy. I dont care how long your've been here, It just makes good sense to be civil to others.

Picking on the new guy? You mean the guy that came in with an attitude? rolleyes.gif

quote:

Someone earlier in this post made a comment about the "community". I've had customers come to this forum and ask questions, only to slammed by the regulars. OK, so they may not be the sharpest pencil. They probably did not read the FAQ. But wouldn't it be nicer to just point them to the FAQ instead of beating them up.

This has been covered and beaten to death before. Do a search and you'll see cause and effect.

quote:

This almost gets back to the original post. I think people like to be anonymous because you dont have to be responsible for what you say to others. It's easier to flip off the guy in the car next to you, because you know youll probably never see them again.

News Flash: All the regulars here are known. We're not hiding. We like to have different names while on line, what is so hard about that to understand?

The problem seems to come from n00bs and trolls.

OUT!!

'Rekd

OK, Mike, since I take your comments to be directed at me [though I'm not sure] have no doubt that mine are directed toward you.

1) I am not anonymous. I have my full name, the name of my company, the location of my company, and my email address posted in the clear on this forum. I have had people email me directly and bitch to me when I've ripped them on this forum and I have no problem with that, that's why I have all of my info out there. I WILL NOT post any wiseass remark on this forum that I wouldn't say to your face, as a matter of fact I've taken people to task here for talking smack to me and to others that I KNOW they wouldn't say out loud because I think that's bullsh!t

2) I am bashing Mr. Nadeem because he posted a stupid, presumptuous reply to the direction this thread was taking and I thought that he should be reminded that as a new member perhaps he should simply keep his opinions to himself about such things for awhile. You wouldn't join the Elks and go to your first meeting telling everyone how they weren't behaving properly, would you? He shouldn't stroll in here and start popping his mouth off to guys who've been here for years.

3) I have never personally jumped anyone for asking a legitimate question nor do I see much evidence of that here, so I don't know exactly what instances you're talking about with your customers, BUT, I will say that I encourage you and all other dealers to recommend to people that you point to the forum that they lurk awhile and see how things go before posting here.

All of us work very hard to be respected in our profession and I think it is a credit to the group of people here that they will take time during their workday to attempt to help other MC users who, for the most part, they've never met. As a forum member I feel that you must respect this effort by at least putting some effort into solving your own problem prior to posting for help here; so, perhaps, recommend to your customers that they read MC Help topics and search the forum for similar issues before posting a new thread as this may limit unhelpful replies.

OUT

C

BTW, Mike,

quote:

I've had customers come to this forum and ask questions, only to slammed by the regulars.

I cannot recall ANY person that came in without an attitude and with a legit question that got slammed. If your customer got slammed, it was likely his/her own fault. Post a link to what thread(s) you're talking about so we can all see how we were xxxx..

'Rekd

Rekd

Thats what I was talking bout. Lets not forget all those charlie manson comments bout my pic.

Mike

I saw one of your customers down here at the woodworking show. He was saying that shopware was the best MC dealer. I told him I would maybe go as far as second best. I scanned his badge and told him bout the forum. You should be getting his info next week.

quote:

It's easier to flip off the guy in the car next to you, because you know youll probably never see them again.

Not really....

One dude did this once to me and I let it slide.

When he flipped me the second time I got pissed and when we got to the next red light I got out and he (like a big man that he thought he was)quickly locked all his doors.

At this point I no other choice but to jump on his hood and proceed to beat him through his sunroof that he forgot to close! rolleyes.gif

BTW..

I treat people teh way they treat me.

I bet $$ he don't go flipping people off anymore.

WOW! Hey Guys, None of This is a Personal Attack On Anybody. I'm Just Trying to Get Into a Discussion. Personal attacks are exactly what I'm saying we should avoid. I mean, If someone says "Good Morning" you could say good morning back, or you could ask "What's so goog about it?". That's my point. In this politically correct age we live in, it seems that people are looking for something to be offended by.

ChrisM: This thread was getting a little off track and my last post to to try to get it back. Obviously Chris M is a name and you have your company logo clearly shown, so I'm not talking about you. I'm not talking about anyone imparticular. Our discussion dosen't have to be a heated discussion cheers.gif .

I dont have a specific post to point at and show where someone was treated badly. I'm going by what several customers have said. Due to the inexact nature of emails and postings, it's easy to misunderstand someones intentions. My point is: wouldn't it be better to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yea he peobebly did something stupid and possible got a little cocky. but a few kind words might have brought him into the community where he could have be a future resource, instead of chasing him away.

My story is one about being anonymous.

It was intended to make people think before they blow up and do a (negative) implusive thing.

I will restate my original comment:

If I see a name like Chris_M and I see a company logo like Harmonic Drive, and I have a customer named Chris who works ar Harmonic Drive. I will immediately gravitate to his posted question to see how I can help.

If I see a name like "BoneHead" and a picture of a Dog House, I dont know who that could be.

I have done technical support for over 20 years now. I get asked sutpid questions by people with bad attitudes who could have easily figured out the solution with a minimal amount of work. But I smile and do my best to help them. I try to help everybody. I learned a long time ago there are very few thing worth getting sick or upset over. Life's too short. Beside if I'm nice to them, they might go and do something nice for someone else. It makes for a beter world.

So, You have a good day smile.gif .

Jimmy: Thanks for the "Heads Up"

Mike Mattera

Hi Mike,

U stated that the new guy is gettin bashed.

And in all communities we should be nice.

Have u looked around ur 'hood ? Here where I live there are ppl that should get bashed just like in this forum. We are talkin bout a 22 yr old kid who knows nobody in here talkin sh!t to the whole "community". He's gettin what he deserves imo. Go mouthin off like that out in the "real" community and see what happens. Not sure whether this kid will wise up or not, don't really matter what I think about it either but I can say that having worked in a machine shop longer than this kid has been alive does entitle me to say he's way off base as well as u bein outta line a little bit urself since u havn't got even one (1) year in here yet.

quote:

Personal attacks are exactly what I'm saying we should avoid.

Ok, so why this?

quote:

I have to question if someone who wont use their real name is a legitimate customer. Only a bootlegger has something to hide, Right!

quote:

I dont have a specific post to point at and show where someone was treated badly. I'm going by what several customers have said. Due to the inexact nature of emails and postings, it's easy to misunderstand someones intentions.

I'm sure the user(s) you're referring to don't have that many posts, open up their profile, find their posts, and lets have a look. Or is there nothing of substance to what you're saying?

'Rekd

Welcome Mike, it takes a while to get used to the forum. Secret to sucess is honest skill and willingness to appologize when wrong. BSers are quickly figured out. People's flaws are generally forgiven as long as BS and cockyness are not among them. Like every other gathering, time and familiarity matter.

Teh is Rekd english. Spelling for "the"

It's been widely stolen and is now part of the forum vernacular.

"OUT" is James', if I'm not mistaken.

quote:

if I'm not mistaken

These four words will prevent most bonk.gif

Edit: gotta learn to type faster.

Chris_M

Some people burn the candle at one end. others burn it at both. I soak it in gas and set the whole thing up.

We had a wood show last week, then south tec week after next, and the work keeps piling up. I have been 12-16hrs a day 6 days a week for awhile trying to keep from falling to far behind. Then the show got here. I think I'm only about a week behind now. I have the best customers there are, they just roll with it, and are patient when it gets hectic like this. We're going to have a seminar here in morganton for all of them that want to come and a pig pickin' afterwards.

A personal attack is when I say something to you, about you. If you see something in the statements below that sounds like you, I have no control over that. I was not talking about you.

quote:

I have to question if someone who wont use their real name is a legitimate customer. Only a bootlegger has something to hide, Right!

I'm telling you what people have told me.

quote:

I dont have a specific post to point at and show where someone was treated badly. I'm going by what several customers have said. Due to the inexact nature of emails and postings, it's easy to misunderstand someones intentions.

I can see there is nothing I can say here that people wont pick apart.

You guys have a good day.

Mike Mattera

I work for a Mastercam reseller. Hell, I'm one of the administators of this forum, but I'm not using my real name (even though most of the forum vets know my name anyway). I'm hardly a pirate or trying to hide anything nefarious.

What's in a name? Anyone remember the Simpsons episode when principal Seymour Skinner was found out to be Arman Tanzarian? No matter his name, he was still the same person that the citizens of Springfield knew.

A goof by the name of John Smith or J0hnR0x0rsYrB0x0rs is still a goof. And stand-up guy called Mike Jones or cr33p1ng_d34th is still a stand-up guy.

What else is there left to discuss about this topic? confused.gif

quote:

I can see there is nothing I can say here that people wont pick apart.

Mike,lighten up a little. wink.gif

Don't take it too serious.

Most of the sr. members are passionate to what gets said here. (including me)

Sometimes it is like as if you said something about their mother. eek.gif

This place is great and there is a lot of opinions flying around,but ya just have to be able to take the abuse (when dished out)to survive here. bonk.gif

I think you started a great thread here which is 3 pages long so far,and sometimes things do get heated up.

I hope that you continue to come here and participate.

This place can always benefit from guys with your experience.

Humbleness is key to just starting out here.

Chris M is a real great guy who I have personally spent time with and has helped me out on neumerous occasions.

As many of the others are great guys too.

I did not take any offense to you maybe thinking that someone not using their real name was a pirate.