Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Your Real Name

Mike Mattera - TFM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter the name or anything else Mike I would gladly point you to some of the people that have come in here in just the short time I have been here and gladly show you some of the comments new people have made. I guess my favotite so far was the Harley F?G one. I mean 3 postings and we were a bunch of stupid people who didn't know anything. I have seen some new users almost always ask for a post of some kind. It is clearly stated for your best intrest and for this place to surive and not be sued by CNC Software that we will not dicuss dealer problems, pricing, or give out posts. 3 simple rules but a majoiryt of the time no one bothers to read them so if we give someone no smart enough to read the rules of a place they come into a little slack they desevere it for not doing the responsible thing to use this place responsibly. I never go operate a machie without knowing the saftey rules of using that machine or use Mastercam without at least understanding some guildline to use them by. The same appiles here and yeah we may do things you find questionalbe but that is the beauty of this place we are all different and you sir started out on the wrong foot with this thread and it went were I thought it would which was why I suggest from the very beginning you change it but you choose not to so you got what you asked for. I will never put my real name up there and will problay never have an avatar so freaking what. I have my personal email for work there. I have all of my information there and anyone can call me direct if they wish. It being my choice to do this is my choice not yours. I am also a very active member of this community and help all I can in this community. I am not a bench rider sitting on the sideline choosing who I wish to help which you have clearly metioned that you do. I ask you to look over how many people me, Rekd, Chris, James, Jay, May^day, And the list is very very big that have helps others as well as helping me. I get help from these very people who you dare to say could be bootleggers in your original start. This sir is bullshi? to even come out of your original posting then you want to pull the political correctness crap on top of it.

I also put up the chanallge show me when a person came in here with a good attuitde not looking for a fight and not looking to get a $3000 post for free and I will gladly personally apoligze calling that person on the phone while you listen and do so. I promise you cant since I have been here. I will be waitng and you need to get a hold of me I have my information up there what about your customers in question did they do the same and do they have all their's up there.

quote:

Mike,lighten up a little.

+1

"Lighten up, Francis"

I'm just pointing out the fact that you said one thing that may offend or be questioned by several regulars here that use an alias. I'm a member of one board that requires your full real name to be in your profile. I had a hard time with that when I first started there.

Be that as it may, my man Bucket is right, I'm sure you've got a lot of experience to contribute, and it's very obvious you want to share. That's awsome. But please don't judge books by their covers. IHS and the members here have a knack for weeding out trolls and pirates.

We're not here to pick your posts apart, (much wink.gif ), so lets just drop it, get used to the names people give themselves, and you'll know everyone real soon.

'Rekd teh "In thru the nose... Out thru the mouth"

Millman,

May stay extra day out there and go see the caverns out there.(do they serve beer?) I'll let you know and maybe you can quit workin long enogh to get a bite to eat.

Mike,

I have been told that the forum is to ruff on new members also. Thats when I started putting it in our training classes, and got more involved in it.

There is no doubt that shopware is one of the best resellers, all one has to do is ask you customers. Just so everyone knows, shopware is responsible for my links page and connection to sam usa. I am very good with the software, but I am new to being a MC dealer. Shopware is one of the dealerships that I want to be like(with a southern twist of course) They are very proactive on saving american manufacturing.

quote:

The same appiles here and yeah we may do things you find questionalbe but that is the beauty of this place we are all different and you sir started out on the wrong foot with this thread and it went were I thought it would which was why I suggest from the very beginning you change it but you choose not to so you got what you asked for.

This place is great. Besides all the MC knowledge, all the heated discussions, and all the OT banter, where else can one go and read a 69 word sentence? biggrin.gif

Thad teh just razzin' the Millman cheers.gif

Dear Mr. Mike Mattera from ShopWare Inc !

I hope you`ve seen a post with my real name and all !

I want to expain my very personal relation to you and some other matters .

quote:

That's my point. In this politically correct age we live in, it seems that people are looking for something to be offended by.

Disclaiment :

I am not politically correct man and hate this word !

I always say what I think .

Because of this I try to stay away from political discussions but if you wish ,we can discuss even this (privatly ) ,simply because this is Mastercam forum ,and not a corner of Hyde Park !

Ok ,as I mentioned before I hope you have seen even how I look .

In real life you can pass me by on a street never notice .

Or in the shop you`ll see rather fat ,middle-aged ,bad tempered ,dirty ,rude,doing his molds

man .

Here I am a bit different ,but it is a virtual space .

Here I am Iskander Teh Owl and I like it .

I am not your client and hardly ever will be and by your logic you give me a damn !

Anyway if I will have a problem you will be too busy to help me ,you are helping your clients here !

Man ,just say that this relation not SUX !

AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT I MUST APPRECIATE YOU AS A

DEALER OF SUCH GREAT COMPANY ?

quote:

Shopware is one of the dealerships that I want to be like(with a southern twist of course) They are very proactive on saving american manufacturing.

This is Jimmy ,who may be doing this ,and I not give a damn !

Here is a virtual space ,and we have other values !

You may be Bill Gates or even Your Excellency

Mr President of the USA ,I appreciate people here by other standarts .

And my relation to you a bit negative ,you know !

quote:

When I see people I know and like, I'm eager to help them as best I can. I know Paul Larson and Brent Wilkerson. When I see their names, I try to help them. I think if every dealer could see that their customer was having a problem, they would jump right in.

I would say more

:

I WISH TO BE JIMMY`S ,OR CADCAM OR OTHER DEALERS FROM HERE CLIENT ,THEY HAVE NO INTENTION TO SEPERATE PEOPLE AND HELP EVERYONE !

I see a motto of you as this :

You are seeking power .You want to rule .

May be you don`t realize this but if you look inside yourself you`ll see it .

That`s why people reacting in such a way .

We respect rules ,respect moderators and community here but we don`t like to be ruled by anyone .

WE ARE FREE and if this forum will be closed can

easily find another place to communicate !

We come here to chat ,have fun and to help ohers and we help or at least try to help anyone who respect rules and us .

I respect people here not according to name ,place ,status or number count .

My respect grows if this man contributes and respect others.

Friendship comes with help ,respect and personal aquatance .

I think Others will agree with me .

If you will forget for a moment about being a dealer ,about your clients and other B>S< and start to act as a regular ,common forum member I sure we will learn from you something and may be you will learn in return .

Help and you`ll be helped ,that`s my credo !

And may be we`ll chat and become more personal.

If you wish to transfer your business relations here and to devide and rule ,you`ll be flamed and abused for all this .

Consider my words and start to change your relation to us !

Iskander teh TarTar!

[ 02-22-2004, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Owl ]

Hi this was the first time I attended any forum though I read the rules But I still dont think that my first message was offensive

Though I do accept the this forum as community but I think in any community you can express your opinions

May be I became little wiered but It was midnight for me and i think it was a day for you

Nadeem !

quote:

WHAT IS GOING ON! we are suppose to discuss technical points This is radiculus By the way even I alway use my real name
curse.gif

quote:

This is radiculus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then take your 8 posts, your attitude, and screw

quote:

But I still dont think that my first message was offensive

It was !

quote:

Though I do accept the this forum as community but I think in any community you can express your opinions

You ` ve expressed and you`ve got reply .

quote:

May be I became little wiered but It was midnight for me and i think it was a day for you

We are in the nearby time zones !

Now if you want I can explain it more proper ,

I live in Israel and it is a working day here and

am at work now .

I can explain my point of view ,say ,in 4 hours .

If you wish ...

And as a foreigner to foreigner (about forum,community and attitude ).

Regards ,

Iskander teh TarTar.

Cant we all just get along? I understand Mike's point. I frequently check user directory for new members in my territory. I'll find one and try to figure out which customer it is. I do this so that I can make sure that there are no major problems with the customer make sure they vsit our website and see what we have for support, yada yada yada.

But I respect them that do not want to use their real name cause some employers dont understand that they are getting help here, or just coming up to rant about the evil company they work for cutting out insurance or something.

Mike

You just got off on the wrong foot here, just back up and go again. There are no grudges held here.

The rest of you geeterheads,

My opinion of other resellers is formed by what their customers tell me about them, and shopware's customers are 100% shopware.

The forum was a humbling place for me as a dealer. I was used to everyone knowing me and my abilities. Walk into the forum here and had to start all over at ground zero. Even now, there are still members that dont realize that I am the smartest guy here. headscratch.gif

I've heard rumors that there is some new stuff coming out this year. The forum is going to be a major resource for my customers and also be willing to help if they can. I'll be hangin out too just incase I can teach/learn something.

Jimmy teh Its hard to be humble...

MIke and Nadeem !

I saw your imput today and I wanna say that this changed my mind .

I do not deny any my word but yet I see you as contributing members of this forum ,and that`s all that matters .

For me this discussion turns to be senseless!

Who need words ?

Let`s help one another and to hell with who is who !

Peace !

Agreed guys we are all here to help each other and make everyone better at this so what we really are as a group shows through and relates to everyone has something to give to everyone as long as that everyone wants to help and get helped through the place of their choosing which we would all hope is this very place and community which if it is not humbling to be around such talent and people who have accomplished so much would be less that dramatic for any person that chooses to make this their profession. Oh BTW Thad that is a 96 word sentence. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I know it is all in good clean fun and though we may raze that is all it is nothing more. Good day my fellow grammers and machinist and dealers alike.

I'm glad I haven't checked in for awhile and missed with thread!

Mike sorry but your on your own frown.gif

Too much mud slingin for me.

But......

I've gotten lots of help from this forum. I usually try here first to get a quick answer. The way I figure if I can search here and or get an answer to an easy question without having to call my reseller, you, it makes it easier in the long run.

Chris Moffatt helped me with some post edits for an old Okuma-Howa lathe we acquired. Turned out he had a real similar machine and had already been through some of the same problems. We had to get a rep from OH here and with that and help from Chris we got it up and running.

Previous thread....

I've had very good experience on this forum site and I wish other programs such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks had such a great forum set-up like this. I know they do have them at both but are ran alot differently.

This site is a pretty tight knit community of people from different countries, different backgrounds, different industries and different attitudes. But all and all it’s a reflection of the world...in text form.

Hell what do I know I’m just some punk who plays on computers.

Now back to your regular:

flame.gif and firebounce.gif

Good luck to all who dare post this in thread cheers.gif

Hey Jimmy

1) Glad you're busy and not dead

2) I don't think IMTS is in the cards for me this year, though I'd like to go

3) I think I saw a potshot in that 'backplot' thread; what's up with that?

[Edit] Brent I was wondering how things were down there; everything good? Glad to hear the Okuma-Howa is still working well [Edit]

C