Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Your Real Name

Mike Mattera - TFM

Well if you got to know who I am to help then you just don't get this place at all either. Read above about autoscripts if need to know who you can help. It is also nice to know that your company has fgured everything this is to ever know about Mastercam and every possible machine there is out there. Me personally I have worked in 17 different places from Neculear power plants, tool & die, production, Job shop, medical, and alot of other different places in machine shops and I have learned a ton of stuff on here not just about Mastercam but things that pretty cool. My whole point is that if you guys have got to the point where you are not getting something from this place but not just helping who you want but helping others also then I would like for you to tell me your secert becuase I have got to be doing something wrong.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I have to question if someone who wont use their real name is a legitimate customer. Only a bootlegger has something to hide, Right!

Yeah right buddy, your logic is screwed up. I also belong to a game forum, just because i use a nick does that mean i pirated that game too. lol

I'm registered as ScottyB. on about 50 different sites. Most of those sites, I wonder if that is too telling. I feel safe on this board, but why change my system. I try to keep my last name off the net. As stated before...if someone really wants to know...they WILL find out.

I thought about changing by sig to Inspector Gadget since I am entering the building inspection field, but then I'd loose my post count.

On the other hand...If it weren't for real names I wouldn't have notice that Mike (my local rep.) has joined us resently.

Hello Mike.

headscratch.gif

You know, when I came into this community a few years ago I had NO idea what to expect. I had never done anything like this, wasn't a gamer or a chatter, so I went with Toolfab as my s/n because I am not cleaver enough to think of something kewl like some of you have. I belive after about 5 posts I put my first name in my sig.

I have had personal 1 on 1 conversations with dozens of people on this board. They has always been helpful, when I talk to Jay on the phone I call him Jay, not cadcam, when I talk to buckethead I call him Brendan not bucket....so on and so forth.

When I only have a minute and want to see whats going on in here I look for a subject line that I KNOW I can help with, give my .02 and get back to work. I can see were my dealer would be the same way with his customers. Sometimes when I post here, Mike has responded here before retuning my phone call, THATS WHAT THIS IS FOR. I think its great! Chris K. and Mattera are fairly new to this, and I dont know about there other customers but I hounded the $hit out of them to get in here because there is so much knowledge here, then Chris comes in and gets bonk.gif then Mike gets flame.gif

Sorry guys, but I am glad that you are trying to help out.

The point of annonimity is a valid one. That what is fun about the web, no one knows who you are. This place, to me anyway, is a community of professionals helping other professionals. This is not the adult chat room on Yahoo.

cheers.gif

Good Morning

Mike Mattera from ShopWare Inc

I have learned a great deal of information form

this forum,,some of it was Mastercam,,some on

the Machineing area of the trade,,and even a little engineering. I have also found it to be a place that people talk to each other, a lot of things are said in here that can't be said on the shop floor, or office.

I dig the offer you, and your team member have made to help us, and I'm hoping that you guys might also get something from us,,even if it just a way to fit in with other peolpe. Or improve custormer relations by improving they way you show up. After all , even the forum with there 7000 plus members, could use your input.

Scott teh' two heads are better than 7,500?

I used a nickname here but that does not mean that I am not a legitimate MC user.

I just don't like to use my real name or published my email address.

anyway, it's cool to see this thread because I finally know who PMGuy is!! smile.gif

Thanks for your help in the past. Really appreciate it, Ken. cheers.gif

quote:

Ken Erman - aka PMGuy

God I Love This. You guys are so passionate. this is great. So my advise is "be who you are". Use any name you want. But now because of this thread I know that ScottyB, Buckethead and I share a tighter bond (Buckethead: Thanks for your purchase of, and endorsing words about, the Tips For Manufacturing training cd's. Your purchase is appreciated).

So Guys: Dont Hate Me. I'm not trying to be a Pr!ck. It's just a question. As I stated, I would like to help everyone, But It's Just Not Practicle. I would also like to thank all of you for helping me and my customers in the past.

I know there are a lot of Dealers who are not on the forum. If everyone of them came here and helped their customers, and a few other users, even more information would be spread about in this forum. Some dealers just wont do anything for anybody. Some (like me) do what they can with the time they have available.

Millman^Crazy: I respect everyones right to use any nick they want. That's ok with me. cheers.gif

Mold100: Of course I dont want your SS#. I only take Visa and Mastercard. biggrin.gif

As for being anonymous, someone told me there a posting with all of your pictures on it cool.gif . So much for being anonymous.

But Now Let The Truth Be Told:

My Real Name is Peter Beecher

of Beecher Tool and Die biggrin.gif

Mike Mattera

quote:

But since I cant help everyone, it would be helpful for me to know who are my customers. Because believe it or not, I feel if they are my customers, I owe them a certain amount of service.

If your here to help one, like it or not your here to help us all, customer or not. Thats the beauty of this place

quote:

I don't really GAF about handles or sigs or who you work for but I do like to see a name of some kind

You guys can call me whatever you want, a few already know from emails.

Thanks all

Wes Leckenby aka : Mayday Mayday

Well aslong as you know it is all good here. Yes I do care and yes we do care. A community is only a strong as the people who give a crap about it. You don't vut your grass of change the things that are not cool in your community then you are just adding to the prblem by doing nothing. I am a can do person that gets it done and just think you see what I was saying about rewordign would get you much futher. Welcome sit back and take a load off and enjoy I surely do. cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif