Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G41 with G03

Rekd™

Why is it that when I'm doing pockets I get a G41 or G40 on the same line as a G03 or G02?

I've got 150+ ****ing operations with half of them pockets and am getting ****ing alarms on my HAAS because it cant go into CRC with a ****ing arc move.

Any ****ing ideas?

'Rekd

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

curse.gif

Correct me if I am wrong but you can have a G41 or G42 on the same line or a G40 on the same line as a G03 or G02. The only thing is that you need to have enough room to engage cutter comp is all. I wonder if there is a parameter on the Hass that doesn't allow this Rekd?

This also is problay a stupid question but does your D match your H and your T and do have your paramters set so you can have different if they are?

I take it that your leadin/out settings are correct?

I have seen that before also. Send it in to CNC.

For now the best you can do is add a warning to your post to let you know this is happening.

code:

scompwarn "WARNING-CUTTER COMP APPLIED ON ARC MOVE"

pcirout #Output to NC of circular interpolation

if compwarn, pcompwarn

pcompwarn #Cutter Compensation Check

if prv_cc_pos <> cc_pos & cc_pos & gcode > 1,

[

if compwarnflg = 0, result = mprint(scompwarn,1)

spaces = 0

pbld, n, pspc, *sm00, pspc, "(", scompwarn, ")", e

spaces = sav_spc

compwarnflg = 1

]

In a pocketing routine the only time you will get a G41 or G42 is in the finish pass portion. I would have to go back and look but if you add this to your pcirout postblock and repost your post will stop posting at the position of the problem which should help you figure out which op is doing it. I usually have it print out an error and output the operation #(you would have to create your own operation counter op_id will not give the sequential operation being output).

code:

pcirout

if cc_pos <> prv_cc_pos, exitpost

Other than that I beleive Fadal and Heidenhein controllers will allow you to change cutter comp on an arc move. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

HTH

quote:

, but I cannot recreate (or remember) the parameters that caused it or how (if??) I fixed it.

Easily .

In lead in lead out select line values zero and arc value non zero and you `ll get it .

And some machines can do it .

Some not frown.gif

That`s why I am licking up my operation libraries !

Iskander teh biggrin.gif

Yeah, I get it too, just make sure lead in/ lead out had a small straight line if using arc on and off the profile. Some controls need more room than others though. some only need more length than the corresponding value in the comp register, others want minimum of half the cutter dia. Hope this is what your talking about anyway.

I just looked at this, and the last chain seems to be the only one with the problem. The pocket is too small for the whole lead-in to be created, so it gets trimmed off when it intersects the rest of the path leaving just the arc motion.

I'd create a seperate toolpath for this pocket and adjust lead-in accordingly (maybe even do the whole thing as a ramp contour instead.

Rekd,

I ran your file thru the latest mpmaster post.

It only did the G03G41 thing on the small oval

at the bottom left.

It can't do the leadin/lead out you've set without violating the opposite wall.

Change your finish leadin/out to 5% and 30 degree arc and it posts correctly.

I also chained it from the center of the long vertical wall instead of the start

Glenn,

Thanks for having a look. I've had it happen before, (on this part as well as others), with pockets that were more than big enough to do the roughing, and had the same problem. Un-checking "Start finish path at nearest entity" has worked most of the time, but not all.

Mayhaps ramp/contouring is the easiest fix, but damn there's a lot of operations to change.

Thanks again.

'Rekd

Hi Rekd,

Happens to me alot too bro mad.gif

Try ridiculous(sp?) helix ramp angles and it will get rid of it sometimes. I know u prolly didn't use helix entry but if you can get it to work you're way I'll just shutup. Other times I just post and check code for each pocket op. frown.gif

Another thing you can try is no comp on the machine ie. offset register value of "0".

On are machines it'll run np. And then inspection tells me to adjust the part and I'll put comp in the machine and get the CRC alarm. frown.gif

Good Luck,

Well this will problay fly across the wrong way but why dont you change your start point to the middle of the lines instead the end of a radius. I would also use the plunge after first move as well as retract before last move here also. I would also use a distance greater than my radius and do a 1 degree sweep if you dont want to do that also. It works like a champ on my simulation. Take a look and calm down my friend or you will be like me about to go Crazy.

I would aslo change this in MPMASTER if not doen so already:

code:

pcirout1        #Output to NC of circular interpolation

pcan1, pbld, n, `sgfeed, sgplane, sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, parc, feed, strcantext, scoolant, e

to this:

code:

pcirout1        #Output to NC of circular interpolation

pcan1, pbld, n, `sgfeed, sgplane, sgabsinc, pccdia, sgcode,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, parc, feed, strcantext, scoolant, e

Just the way I like things is all.

GCode,

I changed that and it posted ok. I tried it on another pocket with a smaller tool that had room for roughing, and it didn't work. I removed the overlap values and tried, and it worked. So I guess it's a combination of all this **** , Start at closes Entity, Lead in/out values, and overlap.

No wonder I couldn't pinpoint what the single cause was.

Thanks all for your speedy and helpful replies. It's been a really bad couple of days and I think I'm not thinking clearly.

'Rekd teh "Ever stop to think, then forget to start again?"

I hope it gets better if not you need to make it better I know I just did and feel like a new person for doing it. Remeber you got them kids and if we stress out our kids know it so we have to try not to even though it is real hard. I still owe you that cup of coffee maybe tommorrow I wil pay you a visit and we can go have lunch or soemthing tommorrow will be slow so think I can take some time. I will call you and let you know.