Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone else not able to login to mastercam user forum

Gary

I get the following 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

• 4 months later...

It has been 4 or 5 days since I successfully logged into Mastercam.com

I'm usually able to log in and access the Download  and Tech Exchange pages

but I have trouble getting into the forum.

Lately, I have not been able to log at all

It would be a real problem if there was an update I needed to download

same issue for me today, but oddly enough i can get into the forums through Edge just fine, its just my Chrome browser that wont access it and gives me an error that says 400 bad request - request header or cookie too large. 

the issues are know and many complaints about their forums have been reported by me and some others and i even see a forum post on there labeled "future of mastercam forums" where someone states "Currently, the plan is to roll out a new Forum platform by the end of quarter 1 of 2023, which will deliver a new stable and sustainable platform for future use."

edit: Correction, now my Edge is giving the same error, so i think its just hit or miss on their forums... 

on side note, the Emastercam team does a great job with these forums and has for many many years now, keep up the great work inhouse or emastercam team!

I tried to log in this morning and wasn't successful

I did not close the web browser (Edge) 

I just opened than page and I was logged into Mastercam.com 

It took an unknown amount of time. I let the wheel spin for about 5 minutes this morning before I moved

on to other things. The log on was successful, it just took a while, though I can't say how long

For sure it took longer than 5 minutes 

3 hours ago, JoshC said:

Currently, the plan is to roll out a new Forum platform by the end of quarter 1 of 2023, which will deliver a new stable and sustainable platform for future use."

Well.. we're in the third week of the 2nd quarter OF 2023, so that schedule has slipped

24 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

I figured my ip guys were the ones creating havoc.

no, your IP guys are not to blame

I have the same issue from home or at work, using Edge, Chrome or Firefox

I also have the same issue with my Android tablet and phone. 

im sure they will get it figured out, it is frustrating and i have lost entire posts that i have tried to make before with an error and that stinks but they have a great team that will get it figured out, just a matter of time I think because they already have made it known that they are going to improve it. 

11 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

I only check that forum once a week or so at this point.. I have about a 20% chance of getting into it, and when I do, I can only use it for ~3 minutes or so before it errors out.  It's not worth my time unfortunately :(

You could submit an enhancement request?

:lol:

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, gcode said:

three failures this morning

can't even get in the front door 

you could try submitting the app to the defender team for analysis, you know the link right?

i had to send truckloads of stuff for malware analysis, microsofts been tightening the screws, could be 1 of 100 things things ofc,

i noticed the mastercam update utility triggers the uac now

Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence

17 hours ago, JoshC said:

im sure they will get it figured out, it is frustrating and i have lost entire posts that i have tried to make before with an error and that stinks but they have a great team that will get it figured out, just a matter of time I think because they already have made it known that they are going to improve it. 

I would prefer that they just FIX it. Improve it later.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, JoshC said:

the new forum will fix these issues along with the connection issues in the 4th quarter of the year i think, we have to wait till then,

there is a timeout on the forum when writing messages, if its going to be long you would have to write it in word and copy it over,

or be a little less long winded... haha jk jk

• Like 1