Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT Job

MichaelJ

What do you think of this, have you looked into what it would pay? just couries just surfin and seen it on the Halliburton site.

Job Category: Manufacturing

Job Summary:

Under limited supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and/or manual machines and other equipment. May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work. May use a wide range of measurement devices, procedures, and machining techniques, and program machines as required. Capable of performing complex machining processes, which may include prototype products. Skills typically acquired through 4-6 years related machining experience.

I live in very safe place in comparison with Iraq.

Well ,a couple of years ago we had a big prob with our Deckel-Maho and german represantative flew from germany to Israel to solve it ( a young guy ,BTW ).

He had a lot of free time after that and I asked

him what he plans to do in the evening .

I said nice weather ,you can go to the beach and in the evening a lot of places to have a good time .

He looked at me like crazy and said :

Strait to hotel and tommorow morning on plane !!!

This is a relation of scared man .

Those who live or serve in Iraq have no such a privillege .

Teh Israel is much safer than Iraq ,so you can try to find a job here ,and the salary -... you

would like it (8-12 USD /hour )

Phil!

Start to learn Cimatron and Hebrew ! biggrin.gif

And JFYI it is a catch 22 - you come for a year ,stay for your life !

And we are the special country and people ,we look nice from the distance and not always nice from close .

Teh consider this biggrin.gif

Iskander,

Forgot most of my Ivrit just like good ole Autocad which I learned years ago in Hebrew chaddar. I guess I will have to get used to metric too. What about any Mastercam openings there like you and Elad have? I am a good mold maker too. I would even learn Cimitron if I had too to go there, but I need a good excuse. Got one? Would love an oportunity to learn from teh master himself!

Phil teh it's now or never.(before my wife comes home & beats me up)

Phil !

This is a very ,darn serious thing ,it is not a joke ,and to change country may be too painful .

My answer is -don`t do it in such a way .

Talk with your family ,come here to a visit and consider after that .

People ,who emigrate from USA to Israel are or crazy ,or zionists .

It is very serious and we have little salary and not much work (it starts better now ) ,moldmakers work with Cimatron mostly everyone except me ,

And iI am not a master ,rather a bragger and a curious man .

Regards

I am crazy, I am a true Zionist and I was born May 24 1948 the same month Israel became a state. Everyone sang Hatikva at my wedding. Take a look at the Star of David Sculpture on my web site porenstein.com my Hebrew is coming back to me Machberres, Abba, Ema, Dovid Melech Yisroal Hai Hai Vikaiyom! Im not running away...I love America more than my life and I love mold making as well. I started to learn Mold Plus which was an opportunity denied here in the states being so competitive. Many Mold shops went out of business. I read your Russian Tank experience, and you are the MASTER! But too humble to admit it. I am also a frustrated artist. I'll leave tonight before my wife gets home. I have some old friends in Israel. Seriously now, I would appreciate the opportunity if something is available. I am serious.

Thanks for your help

Phil cheers.gif

What I said last night was a little over the top and I tried to delete the message but the time had elapsed. All kidding aside, I would seriously pursue an opportunity to work in the state of Israel. Of course my family comes first and I would seriously have to consider many things first. But this has always been a dream of mine. Thanks Iskander for listening.

Phil

I'd rather work in China building molds for a bowel of rice a day. Worst case you become anorexic (how ever you spell it). At least you don't have to worry about some suicide bomber or getting shot on your way to work! flame.gif